Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know he's not the player from 7 years ago and a bit slow but FUCK ME what a positive lift for the dressing room and fans after what has been dog-shit 12 months!

Well done to all those who made it happen

I think to be fair, Bale has been half arsed at Madrid for 2 seasons and basically got disillusioned with ZZ and the fans. At 31 he is still a specimen, I think a few of the "injuries" may disappear.

The game against Sunderland has just finished. He scores an absolute pile driver , we narrowly miss the CL while those cunts down the road are celebrating another saint day
I am outside the pub having a fag thinking " I cannot wait for next season, because I am sure he's gonna stay, I can tell by his celebration".
What follows is a summer of transfer delusion and agony. Today is the day that wipes away all that shit.
The main feeling I got now is "Oh, yes, where were we, Gareth?"

Found him :sonpoint:

images

Hope you had a good trip away mate? Basically I pre booked a golf course in Hadley woods near the training centre (without paying) for Bale, Levy and Hithcen (not hitchin) for this afternoon and posted a screenshot here for a laugh, little did i know someone working at the Golf course thought it was a real booking and shared it on social media, and it ended up getting an article in the mail and making it onto sky sports news!

Wow, great work my friend.. Go to the top of the class.
I love how gullible social media can be..

Good hol mate?

Not half.. I went with 5 other friends (which I do most years) and it was so nice to get away. Hardly any cases of Covid on Corfu, i'm not sure if that is down to luck or the fact they aren't testing everyone.
Everything was open and the only downside was the bars closed at midnight, without exception.
All it meant was we didn't have a siesta inbetween daytime drink and nightime drink..:tobyarm:

Even if he's not banging in goals from outside the box as he used to he'll still give the whole squad a big lift and a shot in the arm. Worth its weight in gold. There was more to his game than that anyway.
The point is; what is in his game today? That's all. He's barly played for 2yrs! If he's not scoring from outside the box, then is he still able to play on the counter? (I hope so because this is our MO under Jose). The answer is we don't know. We do know that he's not the same player that left. As yo say, "there WAS more to his game". It's completly unknown what he brings today.

Why would he give the squad a lift? Last time he was playing for us he didn't bother to train with the squad on occasions, if you listen to the Defoe's interview about this the players were not impressed by this. By many accounts, his RM team mates didn't bond with him at all (apart from Modric). Just another example of the players not getting the "shot in the arm by his presence".

The lift is from the fanbase, the shot in the arm is felt by the fanbase, all thinking we are getting the same player back that left 7yrs ago.

I'm sure that if his level has dropped 25% then that means we still have a good player on our hands but the expectation of him banging in worldies as he used to for us is only going to end in tears IMO. I do hope that he feels he has something left to prove, and is motivated to show Madrid that they shouldn't have booed him and included him but, this is merely wishful thinking, as evidence suggests that he didn't really give a shit and was content playing golf whilst picking up £600kpw neto!

The point is; what is in his game today? That's all. He's barly played for 2yrs! If he's not scoring from outside the box, then is he still able to play on the counter? (I hope so because this is our MO under Jose). The answer is we don't know. We do know that he's not the same player that left. As yo say, "there WAS more to his game". It's completly unknown what he brings today.

Why would he give the squad a lift? Last time he was playing for us he didn't bother to train with the squad on occasions, if you listen to the Defoe's interview about this the players were not impressed by this. By many accounts, his RM team mates didn't bond with him at all (apart from Modric). Just another example of the players not getting the "shot in the arm by his presence".

The lift is from the fanbase, the shot in the arm is felt by the fanbase, all thinking we are getting the same player back that left 7yrs ago.

I'm sure that if his level has dropped 25% then that means we still have a good player on our hands but the expectation of him banging in worldies as he used to for us is only going to end in tears IMO. I do hope that he feels he has something left to prove, and is motivated to show Madrid that they shouldn't have booed him and included him but, this is merely wishful thinking, as evidence suggests that he didn't really give a shit and was content playing golf whilst picking up £600kpw neto!

Let me edit that for you.

BALE IS FUCKING BACK!!

Back
Top Bottom