Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

1am8jl.jpg

Only those fixated on the on-field side of football will not see the value of this move. Those who understand that there is a lot to a football team beyond the field will be excited about this for Spurs. Bale is a genuine super star in football, a player with a big name, a global brand, a winner, a club legend. Having him in a dressing room for a team like ours, will be incredible in terms of motivation and belief. Suddenly the other lads are thinking, 'hey, we can take on anyone'. Kane is thinking, 'Maybe I can win things here.' The younger players will step up, the competitors for the forward line will step up or be perpetually banished to the bench. Etc. How about opponents? They will suddenly feel a bit more threatened by our squad. They will suddenly be a bit more careful coming at us. If things key in well for the team and they start winning, their mentality will massively change and at times, that's what is required in football to hit the top level.

He went to Madrird
To play football in Spain
He met with Zidane
Who drove him insane

They didn’t play him
So look what he did
He’s back at the Lane now
Bale’s a yid

“usual Chorus here - the thing he loves most is being a yid ”:baletroll:

Only those fixated on the on-field side of football will not see the value of this move. Those who understand that there is a lot to a football team beyond the field will be excited about this for Spurs. Bale is a genuine super star in football, a player with a big name, a global brand, a winner, a club legend. Having him in a dressing room for a team like ours, will be incredible in terms of motivation and belief. Suddenly the other lads are thinking, 'hey, we can take on anyone'. Kane is thinking, 'Maybe I can win things here.' The younger players will step up, the competitors for the forward line will step up or be perpetually banished to the bench. Etc. How about opponents? They will suddenly feel a bit more threatened by our squad. They will suddenly be a bit more careful coming at us. If things key in well for the team and they start winning, their mentality will massively change and at times, that's what is required in football to hit the top level.

Agree - there aren't many of these players about either. On the football side we'll have to see how it goes. If it goes belly up it's a year long loan only.

Last edited:
Seriously though, any kill-joys moaning about Bale's fitness / age/ current ability etc...seriously just fuck off coz your boring, whiny, miserable fuckturds. You ain't putting a dampener on this for me or anyone else.

I have spoken. My gutting knives are sharpened.

I know all this.

If it wasn't Bale (and therefore his Spurs connections) how would you feel about signing a player that has spent the last 2yrs not able to break into a team, have teammates calling him out for not wanting to bond and getting booed by the fanbase?

Pretty fucking fantastic if said player was as good as Bale

Back
Top Bottom