FC Basel - Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sorry just realised it would have been Chelsea. Even fucking worse. When we played them at home we had two of our best players missing. Would hate to see them benefit yet again from our injuries and fatigue

Sorry just realised it would have been Chelsea. Even fucking worse. When we played them at home we had two of our best players missing. Would hate to see them benefit yet again from our injuries and fatigue

Plus by then Torres would have hoppefully taken his mask off, which seems to give him magical powers such as scoring goals and shit (could well be Raul Gonzalez behind the plastic for all we know)

I don't get how you can get me offering my view on a website is somehow detremential to the team?

It's either blind naivety or misplaced arrogance.

The idea that dear Ade would a) bother to read. B) care.

Is both laughable and quite sweet.

I don't shout out obscenities at him when I'm at the lane although he is one of the main reasons I've only been about 8 times this season. I hate to think I'm contributing to his wage.

Trust me. Ade doesn't care what I think and it doesn't change his ability to wreck or lol save our season.

Promise.

Negative views only lead to more negativity, people shout you down so that others don't think what you say is 'ok'.

Last year adebayor was supported and did well.....this year he's been booed in pretty much every game and he's playing badly - everyone listened to much to those gooner cunts about the 'wait until he gets a contract' shit.

They planted the seed and every cunt that bought it has allowed them to succeed.

Plus by then Torres would have hoppefully taken his mask off, which seems to give him magical powers such as scoring goals and shit (could well be Raul Gonzalez behind the plastic for all we know)
you do know he has scored 20 goals this season, don't you?

Negative views only lead to more negativity, people shout you down so that others don't think what you say is 'ok'.

Last year adebayor was supported and did well.....this year he's been booed in pretty much every game and he's playing badly - everyone listened to much to those gooner cunts about the 'wait until he gets a contract' shit.

They planted the seed and every cunt that bought it has allowed them to succeed.

Utter rubbish. I thought I'd heard all the excuses why he is so poor.

To clarify you are saying he is useless because of the spurs fans and the scum fans?

Well, that was a fun packed half hour reading these 47 pages. Delighted I didn't bother my arse last night. A few tuppences worth from me:

1. Basel may not be the strongest team in Europe, but they really were rather good. Their front three are fucking superb and my only annoyance is that they don't play for us. We got close to winning against a very good side with half our first team missing.

2. Ade at least tried last night and whilst he doesn't deserve praise simply for looking interested, he shouldn't get a kicking either. He worked hard, but rarely in the right bit of the pitch. I want a striker to be central, doing fuck all except wait for the ball. I don't want to see him as an ineffective winger. On his pen, does anyone really believe he didn't give a shit that he missed? That's bollocks.

3. AVBs comment after the game might be a defence mechanism if we don't finish top four. "Not unhappy about being in the Europa again, cos its great. I said so after the Basel match". Maybe not, but I'm a suspicious chap.

Lets give anyone else we play this season the absolute cunting of the century. COYS!

I want a striker to be central, doing fuck all except wait for the ball. I don't want to see him as an ineffective winger.

Same, but yesterday nobody else was getting in those areas, so he had to. What really annoyed me last night was that nobody tried to take on their full backs and get a cross in. Was really frustrating to watch.

Haha, no, I'd hug just about any of you.
Even him?
BHndvyGCIAA6F5X.jpg:large

It was a great 2 leg competition. Basel were a good team with some good players.

We went out with some poor defending, last night and at WHL, which surprised me.

I'm also a little perplexed with the 'dropping' of BAE.

The lack of Bale and Lennon made a difference, but we still played well last night.

For me Friedel over Lloris was a mistake, however as a sign of man management and team building it was probably a very positive decision.

On to a top 4 place...

That's just not correct, sorry mate. Adebayor hasn't been playing badly because of a select few booing. Adebayor has been playing badly this season because, despite knowing he would be getting a move in the summer, he sulked and failed to train properly in pre-season, regardless of whether it was with kids. He knew he was leaving the club and should have got himself in shape for his new team... You know, like a professional athlete paid millions of pounds a year.

So he has been shit because he failed to prepare for the season, then got injured and again failed to come back properly and then got a jolly to Africa and decided to fuck off on holiday for an extra week instead of coming back to train.

That is why Adebayor looks out of shape, because he couldn't be bothered to train properly and is out of shape. I couldn't give a stuff about a players history (barring violence) so I was perfectly happy to see him sign. BUT! I am wholly pissed about his unprofessionalism. I'd never boo a player and life is too short ot bother with hating this and hating that, but I'd be happy to see our youth played for the rest of the season in his place.

Anyway, regards to performance, I think last night showed that we really cannot have Dembele and Parker in the CM positions with no attacking wingers as we have no outlet really. Very spirited performance but we didn't have anyone to create for a great swathe of the game. Somebody needs to remind Walker to hit the byline whilst Lennon is out. Shame and all that, but at least we can concentrate on sorting our league form out. Onwards and upwards.

Back
Top Bottom