Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And some people utilized Liverpool not making signings to justify the bullshit they were speaking while defending us not making signings when we needed them.

Also, people sad Liverpool could be more discriminating and focused on players that improved them not that they didn't need to make signings.
Liverpool not signing anyone is good because they won stuff......oh look they signed players....look how focused and professional they are.
Oh let me fuck you liverpool you’re so good and whatever you do is right....

And some people utilized Liverpool not making signings to justify the bullshit they were speaking while defending us not making signings when we needed them.

Also, people sad Liverpool could be more discriminating and focused on players that improved them not that they didn't need to make signings.
Agreed - that was laughable

They've just signed a world class player and also Diogo Jota who’s quality. Was only a matter of time

Agreed - that was laughable

They've just signed a world class player and also Diogo Jota who’s quality. Was only a matter of time
Errrr the point being they needed to strengthen.
Yet they were being lauded for not strengthening because they won stuff.

Now all of a sudden it’s “look at Liverpool” again.
Easy when everything you do is right eh

Errrr the point being they needed to strengthen.
Yet they were being lauded for not strengthening because they won stuff.

Now all of a sudden it’s “look at Liverpool” again.
Easy when everything you do is right eh
Nope - the point was about the window they didn’t sign anyone and went on to win the league and many said we should do the same because worked for Liverpool - yourself included

Nope - the point was about the window they didn’t sign anyone and went on to win the league and many said we should do the same because worked for Liverpool - yourself included
Nope I was the one having the discussion.
It was about this window.

Here’s part of that debate:

What’s hard to understand?
They won stuff off their last policy.....do you think that because they won the CL in 2019, and the PL in 2020 they don’t need players in 2021?

Have you seen their squad?
Let’s hope they have an injury crisis like we did, because their back up is relegation fodder levels.

It was being claimed that not signing anyone now was ok.

No idea, honestly. It makes logical sense that Liverpool would have cash flow issues just because they've spent BIG the past 2.5 years and really haven't sold anyone of note. FSG as an ownership group is not going to spend money that the club doesn't have and their wage bill is large.

I think Levy went into this market looking for deals and opportunities and all 4 (5 if you include Hart, lol) have been those kind of transfers. The club could spend less than £50m net and still bring in 7 players, including 4 starters.

It's a weird window.

I always been convinced we’d buy quite a few players this window. We had to. Amazed we haven’t moved any on yet though. I thought one would be a condition of the other in some regard.

Back
Top Bottom