Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If you watch that goal back, Harry clearly looks first before 'just turning and kicking the ball'. It was a great pass executed perfectly. He said it tongue in cheek.
Don't even know what you are talking about. I take him at his word and on one of them he is on the should of Soton's backline with Sonny and plays the ball kind of short. He did not look on this one.

And sure, I'll take your opinion over mine. Tell me more things I should think. Should I change my opinion on Dele too?
He is a complete striker,
ok
and our best player (he's the best passer we have).
He's not and he's not
The only reason he didn't score more today was due to others being offside.
You know, or the tactical setup that actually led to our goals. but you go on thinking what you already thought.

Importance, possibly, but most skilled and all that other stuff, gonna have to disagree.

Tanguy is the best passer on the team...by some distance. But this is a skinniest kid at fat camp situation. We have a team of cloggers that can't do much of the basics of footballing skills. In fact, we are in the thread of one of the cloggiest cloggers of the bunch who is thankfully getting moved on. Being the best of a bad bunch isn't something to crow about. But Tanguy is absolutely good and Kane and just better than most of the rest. There's a difference.

I don't see enough consistency in his game to rate him above Kane. I will agree that at his peak he can be better but he can't do it enough for me to rate him overall. I don't just mean he can't stay on the field I mean his passes are very hit and miss.

And this is not just a Spurs thing put him into most MF's in PL and Europe and he is the best passer there. Maybe not the super teams but for the teams a level below definitely.

You should watch other leagues.

I do. Not impressed.

I'm starting to sense either a miscommunication or a dearth of understanding. the faciliators would be doing exactly those other things. Strikers don't score folks say they are shit but they may be doing the other parts of the job perfectly. Those players are out there. And the assumption is that Kane is great at all those things and he is not...just better than the rest of the lost we have.

I don't think it is a miscommunication, just a lack of me overrating the kind of player you are talking about, and not underrating Kane's skill. Although I am also making assumptions on who that is so hard to say without any specific names, but I can't think of a single realistic option that we could bring in that would do those things better than Kane and make us a better team.

But we can let this go. I sense, just like with Dele now, that in a few years I will be in a Deja vu type situation and commenting in the HK thread about another player that folks are overrating and are unwilling to give up.

I don't think it will because unlike Dele and despite your strongest wishes, Kane will still be a valuable member of this team and help us win. The worst part about Dele is not that we didn't capitalize on his peak value but that we don't even really want him on the team now because he offers so little. Kane will not drop to that level.

I also think that we will have so many issues with the team in 2-3 years and be trying to recover from the Jose years that Kane will be able to skate by a bit even if he drops off. There will be plenty of guys we will be complaining about and wanting to get rid of that point.

Last edited:
Fleece PSG for 70M
The less Spurs look like the team of the last 3 years, the more I start to enjoy the ride

If we do get a big chunk for Dele.... I'd like to see it spent on a high caliber young-ish player who'm we expect to be with us for a while..... A lynch pin CB or a young ST.

Bale is a coup, but it would be nice if he serves as a bridge to the next gen rather than a short-term hit.

Nah, I'm just being an old man..... I'm sure Dele's a nice lad. I'm not even that eager to see him leave....

Danny needs to get gone tho.

He is too busy googling Bale. and he keeps getting this.....

bale-of-hay-alan-piscaglia.jpg

Nah, I'm just being an old man..... I'm sure Dele's a nice lad. I'm not even that eager to see him leave....

Danny needs to get gone tho.
😥😥 Even I have to admit Danny's time has come. Fucked himself in the end but I've been a Yid for over 30 years and purely for his attitude, his fuck you fight the fuckers if you can't beat them and of course, his fucking screamer on debut against Woolwich. In my eyes he's a Spurs legend ( I know wrong thread, sorry)

Last edited:
😥😥 Even I have to admit Danny's time has come. Fucked himself in the end but I've been a Yid for over 30 years and purely for his attitude, his fuck you fight the fuckers if you can't beat them and of course, his fucking screamer against Woolwich. In my eyes he's a Spurs legend ( I know wrong thread, sorry)
And I fucking love Dele, so go easy hahaha

I don't see enough consistency in his game to rate him above Kane.
That's application and we aren't talking about that. Just talking about talent and it's not a fair fight.

And this is not just a Spurs thing put him into most MF's in PL and Europe and he is the best passer there.
This is just insanely wrong. You have not watched enough football. RESPECT THE COCK RESPECT THE COCK There are CBs in La Liga more technically competent than Kane. There will NEVER be an Englishmen in your lifetime able to satisfy the statement you lay out here. There never has been and there never will be. this is an insane statement.

I do. Not impressed.
If you think the PL is the pinnacle of technical or tactical football then I really, truly don't know what else to say. You should try to glean more from your viewings.

just a lack of me overrating the kind of player you are talking about,
There is no overrating the type of player I'm talking about. They are just a tool and folks focus and rate on goals and MOTD highlights...which you have with Kane. Strikers in general are overrated. Was Kane's goal today a result of his singular genius that only he could do? Just a super sexy only-Kaney tapin? Ben Davies was right next to him so does that make him a WC striker too?

I don't think it will because unlike Dele and despite your strongest wishes, Kane will still be a valuable member of this team and help us win.
Funny because I heard the same shit from Dele lovers for the last 4 years. ONly two years on this board but it's all here for you to see. They didn't see it and you don't see it.

I also think that we will have so many issues with the team in 2-3 years and be trying to recover from the Jose years that Kane will be able to skate by a bit even if he drops off.
That sound like exactly what you want as supporters, a player skating by. I have no doubt that most here will never want to see him go. There are some in this thread still attempting to negotiate their grief about Dele away. Taht's why I give no quarter to their emotional pleas. Rip the band-aid off and learn from your mistake. You will have to do it in the future as well.

But again, we can agree to disagree on this until circumstances force accord...which I am fairly certain will be in my favor.

This is just insanely wrong. You have not watched enough football. RESPECT THE COCK RESPECT THE COCK There are CBs in La Liga more technically competent than Kane. There will NEVER be an Englishmen in your lifetime able to satisfy the statement you lay out here. There never has been and there never will be. this is an insane statement.

This is absolutely false, but I know many people love to overrate players and teams on the continent.

As you know I am not English so its not like I am invested in defending the "English" game or trying to fight some battle about English players being better.

If you think the PL is the pinnacle of technical or tactical football then I really, truly don't know what else to say. You should try to glean more from your viewings.

I didn't say the PL was I said Kane.

But again, we can agree to disagree on this until circumstances force accord...which I am fairly certain will be in my favor.

I highly doubt it.

Back
Top Bottom