Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No managers resign anymore. Results dependent isn't it. If they are poor and we're mid table November/December he'd be paid off. If we're bothering the top 4 he won't. Levy himself said in the doc this is a champions league club and thats what all our managers are judged on.

Got to disagree mate but Levy won’t pull the trigger this season whatever happens

No managers resign anymore. Results dependent isn't it. If they are poor and we're mid table November/December he'd be paid off. If we're bothering the top 4 he won't. Levy himself said in the doc this is a champions league club and thats what all our managers are judged on.

If you resign from your minimum wage job, will you get a pay off? Don't bother answering, it is a rhetorical question. I am happy though to provide you with the definition of 'rhetorical'.

If you resign from your minimum wage job, will you get a pay off? Don't bother answering, it is a rhetorical question. I am happy though to provide you with the definition of 'rhetorical'.
Hilarious. As ridiculous as it may seem, there used to be a bit of honour in football and most walks of life, wherby if you thought you were doing or even if you were perceived to be doing a bad job then you might resign. I fully appreciate such honour no longer applies when it comes to multi millionaires hoovering up even more cash in the modern world.

Hilarious. As ridiculous as it may seem, there used to be a bit of honour in football and most walks of life, wherby if you thought you were doing or even if you were perceived to be doing a bad job then you might resign. I fully appreciate such honour no longer applies when it comes to multi millionaires hoovering up even more cash in the modern world.

That's a bit simplistic is it not, say a club gave you a 5 year contract and this 5 years were to be a plan, with certain things being promised but never delivered? Why should an employee do the "right thing" and resign when they were sold a lemon? I'm talking in general here not just about Spurs, or football but contract employment as a whole. When you are signed to a contract the rules of employment are very different to a normal term employment contract.

That's a bit simplistic is it not, say a club gave you a 5 year contract and this 5 years were to be a plan, with certain things being promised but never delivered? Why should an employee do the "right thing" and resign when they were sold a lemon? I'm taking in general here not just about Spurs, or football but contract employment as a whole. When you are signed to a contract the rules of employment are very different to a normal term employment contract.
I agree in parts and i guess most managers think they can 'turn it around' and it also applies that maybe they were given promises by the board that didn't happen. But there are cases when some managers are an absolute bin fire and cling on for the pay off and that wasn't always the case.

I agree in parts and i guess most managers think they can 'turn it around' and it also applies that maybe they were given promises by the board that didn't happen. But there are cases when some managers are an absolute bin fire and cling on for the pay off and that wasn't always the case.

I can see where you are coming from, but when you have cluns that continue to hire coaches like Moyes, Silva etc, they really should alter the length of the contract.

Just watching episode 7 and JM and DL talking about winks and how much he has improved no more lateral passes and DL sucking it all in saying he must run a lot. Is JM just taking the piss! Post match analysis of RBL home leg I love it how he calls out dele, Toby and another player but doesn’t say a word about the idiotic challenge by davies!

Well played.

Honestly at this point I don't think anyone can deny that Mourinho's not the saviour we needed
Please feel entirely free to express your viewpoint regarding Mourinho but don't make sweeping statements that try to speak for everyone else in here as well. The jury might be out at the moment but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now. I think his presence at the club undoubtedly played a huge part in bringing some of the new players (and old) to Spurs this window.

Just watching episode 7 and JM and DL talking about winks and how much he has improved no more lateral passes and DL sucking it all in saying he must run a lot. Is JM just taking the piss! Post match analysis of RBL home leg I love it how he calls out dele, Toby and another player but doesn’t say a word about the idiotic challenge by davies!
What he was saying was , that if the other players hadn't just walked away from 3 players at the back post Davies wouldn't of been in that situation.

He knows Davies made a big mistake, Davies knows he made a big mistake. Digging someone out for not being aware/switching off/walking away from a dangerous situation is the right thing to do, as the players concerned were or, could of been, unaware of where they went wrong. Davies (and everyone else) knew what he did wrong.

hey, if you guys have netflix, i just saw a tv show caLLED the playbook, the third ep is with mourinho, take a loot at it ;)

Netflix. The Playbook. Episode 3. The man is insanely good at what he does.

Thanks for the recommendation. My favorite part is where he was talking about how he can't teach players how to play, but teams. Specifically, "I am not Waze." That was pretty funny.

Jose seems like a likable guy and clearly connects with his players. That hug with his Inter player was powerful.

I have been vocal about my distaste for the way the team is setup and has performed over the 10 months he has been here, but people need to not take that as a slight towards who the man is or what he has achieved in the past.

Are people moaning about our performance and blaming Jose for last night even though the game was called off?

Might as well, I mean, you would have moaned if it had been played.

Back
Top Bottom