KF Shkendija vs Tottenham Hotspur 24th September

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hah. Reframing it to imply I was suggesting a backup striker was our main priority. Dishonrst nonsense.

No, I want us to get Skriniar done first, then tie up a deal for Milik (going off what looks likely).

You're the one fighting the very notion of adding a backup striker to the squad.

That is all you sort have gone on about since January and your head proped the moment I posted that. Funny that.

Son and Bale are better strikers than any of the names we have been linked with but we some how need more. Right oh.

Whilst I'm not comparing Shkendija with Lincoln City (apart from a vaguely similar kit) it seems that Liverpool's under-11's are coasting 5-0 early in the 2nd half... whereas our relatively strong line-up made life VERY difficult again...

Aw, I dunno, had we coasted to a thumping win, we'd be complaining that standard of opposition in the early EL Qual. rounds wasn't worth the trip... so at LEAST it's a good early season workout!

Maybe we SHOULD treat it like a competitive pre-season fixture...
With the lack of fans and intensity, ALL these games feel like training ground work outs!

Still, job done, Dele done (probably) and onto Noocussle's horse punchers on Sunday!!!

Problematic performance from Dele Alli - he was not the only one, though.

Dele & Winks are simply not good enough for where we want to be as a club and the jury is out on Bergwjin.
Lamela is always busy often a bit meh, bit of a squad player really.
Davies will be replaced once Reguilon is up to speed but is a capable backup in the rotation.

1. I don’t know. I don’t do that. Generally, the ones that fly the flag outside their houses tend to be very Republican. The same people now fly huge Trump flags, which is even more odd. Cultish behavior.

2. Pure arrogance. In general Americans think they’re the best at whatever they focus on (basketball, baseball, and American football are very American sports). They also think that whatever they’re not the best at (football) it is because they don’t care about it enough. (“Our best athletes play basketball and American football. If they played soccer we would dominate the sport and win the WC every time”.)

I don’t subscribe to either of the above.
Thanks. I'm thinking about a Biden flag outside my house in Sussex!

Yeah, he's definitely the most 'borderline' but given how Mourinho seems to be prioritising him and that I think he'll end up shielding behind Ndombele and Lo Celso I think it's fair to call him 'first XI' at the moment.

I think he will definitely be part of our starting 11, just not sure he is part of our strongest starting 11. I also thought that you had said upgrades to our starting 11 which I am not sure he is, but that was just me reading into what you wrote.

Aurier putting in a competent performance knowing he's competing with a new and shiny RB.

Davies on the other hand...Reguilon can't come into the side soon enough

It's really quite pointless, all these qualifiers! There is no need for them and, seriously, there should be a thing for elite leagues to go in at the 3rd round knock out phase (next phase)
I'm having fun with them honestly.

Fireworks, players getting carded for digging holes in the pitch, Jose making some rando journo's life with a picture, etc.

Job done. Made it unnecessarily hard on ourselves conceding a silly goal and being wasteful with chances.

Thought Winks was very poor though, but glad to see Ndombele get a proper run out and he played well.

We go again.
To be fair, their only shot on target was the goal and it was a 20 yard strike into the top corner. Hard to do much about those, although Davies probably should have closed him down. Not sure where Winks was either, but it was a good strike.

Back
Top Bottom