KF Shkendija vs Tottenham Hotspur 24th September

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's really quite pointless, all these qualifiers! There is no need for them and, seriously, there should be a thing for elite leagues to go in at the 3rd round knock out phase (next phase)
We were last qualifiers in the elite league, the equivalent of the intoto, finish higher if we don't want these games.

Just to remember, we looked like a football team when Winks and Dele were taken off, the reason is obvious, they're too bad to play at this level.
Funny that I got a disagree from the guy that keeps on insisting Ndombele has to do more, and is fat and so on, probably that's the standard of player he considers as hard workers.

Onto the next round.

- Great that Ndombele played the full 90. He seemed to get stronger as the game went on and I think the vote of confidence from Mourinho to keep him on was a good move.
- Dele hooked again. It's obvious his days are numbered here imo. Too many better players ahead of him now and barring an injury crisis I don't see too much game time for him.
- We desperately need that second striker if we are to genuinely compete on all fronts. We were transformed once Kane came on and having a true 9 will also improve the output of our second string attackers.
- Bergjwin poor again. Had a touch of the timid Sessengon in his play tonight. Clear that there is a player in there but needs to be more decisive.
- Davies and Winks very very poor. They are the last of the old guard to get phased out. All we need is Dier relegated to reserve duty and it's a full clean slate.
-Europa league will be a slog but it does get interesting at the QF stage and it's maybe our best shot at a trophy (with the added bonus of a Champs league spot for good measure). Has to be prioritised over the league cup.

Aurier putting in a competent performance knowing he's competing with a new and shiny RB.

Davies on the other hand...Reguilon can't come into the side soon enough
Davies is finished - we should get rid pronto and keep Sess as back up don’t loan him out

You can be patriotic without being nationalistic.

why do you presume to know the “only” two reasons one would fly a flag by asking a question with only two possible answers?

One of which is silly. Flying a flag is not aggressive or extreme. I’d ask what’s wrong with the rest of the world if simply displaying your flag is considered “extreme”.
No offense intended. Sorry.

We looked so much better when Kane, Lo Celso and Moura came on for the water carriers. Not just that Ndombele also improved and he looked a lot more assured and relaxed alongside Lo Celso.

Bergwijn apparently has muscle issues but he looks way off the pace. Alli started brightly then went missing. Winks is the epitome of a negative footballer.

Next match is at home so I'd expect something in the 4-0, 5-1 range.

Flying out midweek for a Thursday night match in North Macedonia is not easy. We did what we had to, though, so I'm not going to bother overthinking it. Much better performance than Plovdiv in any case.

That is all you sort have gone on about since January and your head proped the moment I posted that. Funny that.

Son and Bale are better strikers than any of the names we have been linked with but we some how need more. Right oh.
This is going to be a continuously circular argument so I'm off to make dinner.

I will say, however, that it's silly to judge the quality of a dedicated backup striker to two of our best first XI players (who play on the wing or off the striker, I shall add). No rival team in the top 6 fails to have a backup.
It's Son/Bergwijn and Bale/Lucas as the LW and RW depth. We need an equivalent for Kane.

Shall we look forward to you raging at the club when we announce a new striker addition next week or will it suddenly become a good idea in your eyes?

Back
Top Bottom