KF Shkendija vs Tottenham Hotspur 24th September

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The problem with Aurier isn't his ceiling, it's his floor and the variability in performances.
Trouble with Doherty is I'm not convinced defensively that his floor isn't lower. I suppose i'm just griping that most on here rated him much better than Aurier. I think he's like for like at best. Not exactly sure what the point of the switch is, unless Aurier definitely wants away.
I'd say the problem is more with the foundations, and the plumbing!!

It's really quite pointless, all these qualifiers! There is no need for them and, seriously, there should be a thing for elite leagues to go in at the 3rd round knock out phase (next phase)
I would've agreed more if Spurs had rolled both of these teams 5-0. But clearly there's enough potential of an upset that it's only fair to give the smaller leagues the chance to compete in the same pool as the big ones. On recent evidence, 1st place in the Farmer's League isn't as far away from 6th place in the PL as one might think.

Trouble with Doherty is I'm not convinced defensively that his floor isn't lower. I suppose i'm just griping that most on here rated him much better than Aurier. I think he's like for like at best. Not exactly sure what the point of the switch is, unless Aurier definitely wants away.
Doherty's been here about a month and has played 3 matches to this point. New system, players, etc..

If he's still churning out mediocrity in November then it's a bigger issue, but it's hard to judge him right now.

We have 3 homes on the trot so no travelling. Everyone saying we need to buy players but that could be redundant if get knocked out of two cup competitions next week. We will end up with a blotted squad with just EPL games until fa cup. I think the players need to put in a big effort to see us through next 3 games. So go strong v Newcastle , mix and match v chelski, strong v Macabi then we have 3 days rest till manure game following Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom