Carabao Cup Fourth Round - Tottenham Vs Chelsea - Tuesday 29th Sept, 7.45pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Enjoyed that.
Thought we played well considering it was quite a make shift side.
Penalties were a joy to watch.
Or they would have been if i didn't have my head in my hands for each one...

Best moments of the night were Regs performance.
Lamela playing well.
Dier being a proper geezer and running off the pitch for a pony.
And my Chelsea mate 's answer when i text him saying you got done by our reserves
"fact check- we just missed a penalty, you didnt beat us"
I replied
"we're in the next round, you aint. I think we did"

Totally engrossed in the game last night when my wife asked about the crowd noise. I explained it was to try and create a natural match atmosphere. Then she asked why they were only playing Spurs songs so I explained that it was at White Hart Lane and we were the home side. Her final question was "Well if it's a natural atmosphere wouldn't the Chelsea fans be singing too ?".
That was when I suddenly realised that she honestly thought the players could hear it as well. Bless her.

Thank God she didn't see Dier run off the pitch, she would never have believed my explanation.

:coys::coys:

This is why you shouldn't post too early on a match thread. These are Man Utd supporter comments on Reguilon after the first goal :

@thereddevilway: Reguilon getting sent to the shops. Could never be my left back.
@MufcKieren: Starting to think we dodged a bullet with Reguilon. Would've been a glorified loan deal if he did well and as we've seen against Chelsea defensively he's rash.
@iampkid: Don't tell me this was the same Reguilon we (Manchester United) wanted to buy.
@BanchesterUtdO: Who is Reguilon even.
@RealistGlizzy: Reguilon getting sent on his debut, we were always clear.
@anandshnkr: Sergio Reguilon is never playing for Real Madrid. Dodged a bullet there!
@DXMCL: Anybody glad we didn’t sign Reguilon then?
@mcollins_93: Reguilon error. Glad we didn’t sign him.
@MerlinUnited: Looks like we dodged a bullet with Reguilon...
@Mudi_Mats: Lolz Sergio Reguilon was skinned for that goal. #MUFC dodged a bullet.
@terryflewers: Reguilon is shocking!!

Then it all went very,very quiet.

:mourhandlaugh: :mourhandlaugh::mourhandlaugh:

I bet OGS isn't thinking that this morning.
Number 3 shirt sales through the roof this weekend I would imagine.
:coys:

This is why you shouldn't post too early on a match thread. These are Man Utd supporter comments on Reguilon after the first goal :

@thereddevilway: Reguilon getting sent to the shops. Could never be my left back.
@MufcKieren: Starting to think we dodged a bullet with Reguilon. Would've been a glorified loan deal if he did well and as we've seen against Chelsea defensively he's rash.
@iampkid: Don't tell me this was the same Reguilon we (Manchester United) wanted to buy.
@BanchesterUtdO: Who is Reguilon even.
@RealistGlizzy: Reguilon getting sent on his debut, we were always clear.
@anandshnkr: Sergio Reguilon is never playing for Real Madrid. Dodged a bullet there!
@DXMCL: Anybody glad we didn’t sign Reguilon then?
@mcollins_93: Reguilon error. Glad we didn’t sign him.
@MerlinUnited: Looks like we dodged a bullet with Reguilon...
@Mudi_Mats: Lolz Sergio Reguilon was skinned for that goal. #MUFC dodged a bullet.
@terryflewers: Reguilon is shocking!!

Then it all went very,very quiet.

:mourhandlaugh: :mourhandlaugh::mourhandlaugh:

I bet OGS isn't thinking that this morning.
Number 3 shirt sales through the roof this weekend I would imagine.
:coys:

iu

This might end up a unpopular opinion but I thought that Gedson had a decent outing overall.

He could do with upping the tempo a bit but he showed flashes of quality throughout his time on the pitch. He just needs to tie them together and be more consistent. I think he'll benefit from EL football.

Very nearly got a penalty under Zuma’s challenge
Definite potential

They have been cucked by Chelsea. Imagine selling your best player in his prime and then constantly getting hard about him scoring for another team and publicly jizzing over it on twitter.

Imagine if Spurs were tweeting about Gareth Bale scoring against Barcelona the year after they sold him. Embarrassing.

And that's not even mentioning the fact that they are a football club created by a corporation. MLS teams have more organic fan-support than them.
The cunt ditched them for their biggest moment in their history. They were in the CL quarters.

And they still respect him. I'd be fuming if I supported them.

Back
Top Bottom