Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I quite enjoy the fact Jose is bringing the psychological aspect of the game to Spurs.
We simply haven't done it. Not in the 26 years I've been a fan anyway.

Do you think it was a coincidence that in the days before a game against Fergie's United teams, one of our better players would be linked to them? In most cases, it wasn't true but it was done to cause a bit of disruption to the build up.

The various times over the seasons that comments about a ref have been made before a game. Look at Mike Dean, once accused of being a Spurs fan (wrongly) he's since gone out of his way (a long way) to prove he isn't.

One of the best stories about Jose and his dark arts was in a Classico match when he discovered Messi is a little bit precious about being short. Apparently he got as many Madrid players as possible to pat him on the head to wind him up.
Madrid Won, Messi had a bad day.

Just to add to the mental side of the game as mentioned in the last few posts - I'm a big fan of this Man U penalty crusade that Jose has been on in the last few weeks. I know the chance that it makes a difference is small, but if there is even a slight element of doubt in the refs head when he is thinking of awarding United a pen at the weekend and it plays in his mind that it may be deemed as another soft United decision, then Jose has done his job.

This is somewhat of surprise - we have heard Jose talk about pressing a lot in the documentary but according this we have been the second best on the league at it behind Liverpool.

He let Chelsea and Man Utd get CL football last season so they'd keep Fat Frank and Ole, who'd then squander millions before both getting sacked. And both teams would be consigned to finish out of the top 4 without the EL to bail them out. He thinks in 4D chess ways mere mortals could never understand.

Mourinho masterclass.

We didn't need someone to scout the opposition player strengths & weaknesses, both technical & temperamental, because Mourinho had the inside track.

Jose schooled Ole in every single aspect of competitive match football today.

I'll give Jose credit. I couldn't stand the negative football he had us playing after the Covid break last season and to start this season, but recently he has started to be willing to have us play going forward as we should with our players and it has been great. Today would have been an easy game to set up and play negatively, but instead he was willing to be aggressive going forward.

I hope it lasts, especially if we have a poor run, and he doesn't resort to negative football because with Reguilon, Doherty, Lo Celso, Ndombele and the front 3 when Bale returns we should be attacking teams all day long and forcing them to figure out how they will deal with us rather than worry about how we can limit them.

There's been some discussion on TFC of reclaiming "Spursy".

No need now.

Mourinho just redefined it for the world. We give away a dumb penalty in the first couple of minutes, and then WIN 6-1 AT OLD TRAFFORD.

Where are Rio & Fergie????? "It's only Spurs, lads." LMFAO.

Take a bow, Jose Mourinho, and every one of our players who's bust a gut this week.

:mourbringit:

Mourinho masterclass.

We didn't need someone to scout the opposition player strengths & weaknesses, both technical & temperamental, because Mourinho had the inside track.

Jose schooled Ole in every single aspect of competitive match football today.

Yup. Perfection. Was Bruno Fernandes on the field or did he just jump on for a cameo to take that penalty?

Mourinho came in midseason to a squad that had totally fallen off, was then crippled with attacking injuries, before the season was suspended for 3 months. Now he’s had the chance to get signings in and actually start a season from the beginning.

Last season was far too odd for him to be judged on. Judge him on what’s happening now.

Incredible, we should have six wins in a row if not for the worst handball in history and not killing that game off.

(Looking at the camera - Frank Underwood style).

(The press - it´s all about Man United; Man United lost, Man United was humiliated, Man United was robbed, Solskjaer vs Cardiff).

Last edited:
Southampton 2 Spurs 5
Spurs 7 Macabi 2
United 1 Spurs 6

3 of the 5 conceded in those were penalties and 1 an absolute worldie.

Can people just fucking give up calling Jose negative.
Has it never ocurred to people that he makes the best of what he has. We have a ropey defence so he's making use of the attack. Just maybe, his United side had piss poor attackers but fairly solid defenders.

(Jose looking at the camera - Frank Underwood style).

(The press and what I like to call "word possession" - it´s all about Man United; Man United lost, Man United was humiliated, Man United was robbed, Solskjaer vs Cardiff somehow matters).

New avatar found.

Back
Top Bottom