Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Retard, moron, imbecile, cretin, slow; all used to describe syndromes of lesser development.

Some become offensive, some not. Bit funny how the Zeitgeist drifts and rather haphazardly decides what is appropriate and not over time.

All I was saying was that you can be a cunt without being retarded and in most cases you choose to be a cunt (I do it regularly) while being retarded is a mental illness which you can’t help

All I was saying was that you can be a cunt without being retarded and in most cases you choose to be a cunt (I do it regularly) while being retarded is a mental illness which you can’t help

Well, being retarted isn't a medical term anymore. Which was my point. First it was Cretin, then that was too offensive, then Retarded, which was too offensive, then handicapped. Which of course will also turn offensive. Not because of the word itself but rather the use of it.

It's just a bit of a pointless changing of words.

Well, being retarted isn't a medical term anymore. Which was my point. First it was Cretin, then that was too offensive, then Retarded, which was too offensive, then handicapped. Which of course will also turn offensive. Not because of the word itself but rather the use of it.

It's just a bit of a pointless changing of words.

Yes it is but my point remains that no matter what you call it a mental illness or affliction shouldn’t be mocked or attacked unlike if you deliberately act like a cunt

Yes it is but my point remains that no matter what you call it a mental illness or affliction shouldn’t be mocked or attacked unlike if you deliberately act like a cunt
I agree.

But no one would object to moron, or cretin, or imbecile being used as cunt is being used. Which of course is understandable, given how those words were used medically so long ago no one really thinks of them as medical terms. I think retard in a few decades probably will follow the same fate.

I agree.

But no one would object to moron, or cretin, or imbecile being used as cunt is being used. Which of course is understandable, given how those words were used medically so long ago no one really thinks of them as medical terms. I think retard in a few decades probably will follow the same fate.

It’s similar to the despicable term. ‘Mong’ being used to describe Harry by ignorant people because of the way he sometimes talks
Unacceptable imv

Back
Top Bottom