Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham; Sunday 18th October; 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you think the pressure will be on Bale to perform due to his reputation?

I know that feeling. I have the same issue.

Oh, you mean football? He has been built up to be the return of the Messiah but I think he should be given some slack. He needs a bit of time to get back to his best. I do have a feeling he will get a goal though.

Last edited:
I know that feeling. I have the same issue.

Oh, you mean football? He has been built up to be the return of the Messiah but I think he should be given some slack. He needs a bit of time to get back to his best. I do have a feeling he will get a goal though.
I was being diplomatic to my spammers brother in law the other day (yeah i know) by saying, yeah it should be a close game, your'e playing well....He said 'nah...., Bale hatrick'.
😂🤣

He's going to go for a park the bus smash and grab.

Most managers will feel that way faced with a team of Bale, Kane and Son backed up by Los Celso, Hjoberg and Ndombele.

Did anyone see the Leicester West Ham game? Was it a case of Leicester playing bad or did West Ham look good?
West ham looked good. They played on the counter. Leicester like keeping the ball but they weren't threatening much.

West ham got the ball up to Antonio early and just played off him. Biggest change in West ham's fortunes is they've dropped Noble.
Soucek and Rice provide a solid base in midfield for them. Allows their forward players to get up and support Antonio. I fully expect them to do the same against us.

I've always said we struggle most when teams camp. Jose has set us up to be counter attacking. Be interesting to see if he forces west ham to come out by playing deeper.

West ham looked good. They played on the counter. Leicester like keeping the ball but they weren't threatening much.

West ham got the ball up to Antonio early and just played off him. Biggest change in West ham's fortunes is they've dropped Noble.
Soucek and Rice provide a solid base in midfield for them. Allows their forward players to get up and support Antonio. I fully expect them to do the same against us.

I've always said we struggle most when teams camp. Jose has set us up to be counter attacking. Be interesting to see if he forces west ham to come out by playing deeper.
If they defend deep I wouldn’t be adverse to seeing Son, Kane and Bale peppering their goal with strikes from outside the box

they’re great technicians and I believe a couple beat the keeper

If they defend deep I wouldn’t be adverse to seeing Son, Kane and Bale peppering their goal with strikes from outside the box

they’re great technicians and I believe a couple beat the keeper
I've noticed under Jose, we don't take many shots from the edge of the box. We always try to work a better scoring opportunity, often leading to recycling the ball.

I hope he's fit, but I wonder if Kane ends up not being fit due to the injury he's picked up on international duty whether we will chuck Vinicius straight into the firing line and start him or if we'll just play Sonny up front with Bergwijn/Bale playing out wide (I personally think Bale will be starting from the bench for this one). Plenty of options.

---------------------Lloris-------------------
Doherty---Sanchez---Dier---Reguilon
-------------------Hojbjerg-----------------
-------------Lo Celso---Ndombele-------
Lamela---------------------------------Son
----------------------Kane------------------

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom