Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham; Sunday 18th October; 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Like that team, would love to see it. To early for Bale obviously but hopefully from the bench, although I suspect José won’t start Lo Celso and N’dombele. Would love you to be right though, will be a fun game if it happens

Hopes for the game?

As much as tonking teams 6-1 is fun, I always feel with West Ham, it's more fun to dangle some hope in front of them then take it away at the death, as we have done so many times.

Hopes for the game?

As much as tonking teams 6-1 is fun, I always feel with West Ham, it's more fun to dangle some hope in front of them then take it away at the death, as we have done so many times.

If we want to be taken seriously. We have to win.

Anything else is unacceptable in this one.

As fun as it is to say that this will be easy we need to remember that this is one of if not their game of the season. They always step up against us and have thumped us on the nose a few times.

We need to be ruthless.

I can't remember them beating us when we played well.
There have definitely been a number of games where we just didn't show up though.
Real stand out ones were 2 at their place where we needed wins to stay in the title race and the dismal 0-1 at the new stadium. I think the reality hit me that day that we had gone as far as we could in that cycle.

I can't remember them beating us when we played well.
There have definitely been a number of games where we just didn't show up though.
Real stand out ones were 2 at their place where we needed wins to stay in the title race and the dismal 0-1 at the new stadium. I think the reality hit me that day that we had gone as far as we could in that cycle.

Agreed. The 0-1 was lost in the middle of the CL run. Already mildly panicked by what I’d seen since the New Year, this game confirmed to me that something was badly wrong.
I know that modern players, esp those that aren’t local, don’t see derbies the way we do but the last thing we needed was to lose to that lot the first time we went later them at NWHL.
Don’t let Woolwich, Chelsea or West Ham win at our new stadium (1 out of 3...)

I just felt like they were shit but we weren't even trying in that game.
I sit quite high up and could see acres of space for us to attack but every time we got the ball we fannied around with it and no one was making runs, no one.
Incredibly disappointing match that one.
It's not even like they played well enough to put us off, they were rubbish.

Our defence shits itself against Antonio, I think we're in for a nervous game of football unless we carry on our trait of thumping the opposition early into it.

Our defence shits itself against Antonio, I think we're in for a nervous game of football unless we carry on our trait of thumping the opposition early into it.

I still remember Foyth absolutely bullying Antonio.

I'm sure we'll be fine.

Fuck me I thought we’d walk this but if they have Craig Dawson then we really don’t have the slightest chance of getting anything from this game.

Back
Top Bottom