Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham; Sunday 18th October; 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fact is we could have won if we just keeped on actually playing football and that's on Mourinho. Needs to realize that we have one of the best attacks in the world and one of the worst defenses, can't rely on negative tactics at any moment of the game.

Aurier laughing as he gave that last free kick away the cunt. Aurier, Sanchez and Sissoko have no place in that side. Totally switched off second half. To let the pikey wankers come back into that game is a disgrace. Always get this same old feeling, just as you start to get excited about Spurs they go full Spursy mode and fucking let you down. Will we ever fucking change

Is that 8 or 9 (i think) unbeaten under Jose?

If Bale had scored, then the mood across Spurs fans would be different.

If Hugo had saved that hit and hope shot, again the mood would be very different.

Small margins.

Some of you need to grow a set of bollocks or fuck off to mumsnet.

Get your head out your arse and stop trying to be a contrarianist.

we threw away a 3-0 lead with 82 minutes on the clock at home

After such a comfortable first half, it became about the ‘when will Gary come on?’ - a sideshow that distracted from seeing out the game. Sanchez had a bad game; Stevie B was fairly anonymous...we should have had two more (Kane’s post and Bale’s blatant miss).

Lost two points to a bonkers worldie and a defender’s misjudgement. It happens.

Oh yeah, an OG and a worldie. Moyes is a genius.
Nope.

He realised trying to sit back and defend against Son and Reguilon wasn't working, so he changed it to attack Reguilon, taking hm out of the game and showing him up as a way round our defence.

Mourinho left Reguilon out there to get exposed and that drew our team back and back.

Aurier laughing as he gave that last free kick away the cunt. Aurier, Sanchez and Sissoko have no place in that side. Totally switched off second half. To let the pikey wankers come back into that game is a disgrace. Always get this same old feeling, just as you start to get excited about Spurs they go full Spursy mode and fucking let you down. Will we ever fucking change

I was laughing too.

What a joke decision to call that as a free kick.

The officials in this league are a joke.

Aurier was giving up tons of space all game long. West Ham just wasn't able to take advantage of it because we were controlling the ball and running the game.

Once we started to give up the ball and let them attack us the space was still wide open and they were able to use it.

Aurier also got exposed as instead of being able to float around he now needed to defend and he gave away needless free kicks like he always does.

Even if people want to argue that it wasn't a foul by Aurier (it was) there was zero reason for him to do anything but watch the WH player run out of bounds. The WH player had his back to the goal, was going nowhere and Aurier bailed him out for no reason. Terrible from him on that play and in the game overall.
Fuck you

Sissoko was at fault for the first goal

Sanchez scored their 2nd

Winks laid on their winner

That's 3 who should be on the bench next game.
Thank God we signed Rodon. Skrinier next and continue with the clear out.
First goal out of nowhere. Second isn't just Sanchez own goal. It's us giving away in other areas. Just hoofing it rather then keeping the ball. What about bale. Why isn't he running into the corner. I know he did well and should score but taking I into the corner guarantees the win if not his fairlytale comeback.

Probably the most embarrassing day for Spurs in living memory. Considering the opposition and the circumstances.

Surely the least Jose can do is offer his resignation. As a gesture.

Never mind. We can all go off to the Levy appreciation thread. I'm sure sucking off the chairman will make us all feel better on such an awful day.
I knew you hadn't been a fan long.

Now get back to your schoolwork.

If we can use this as a learning exercise then it's not all a lot cause. Problem is some of our players are thick as fuck and can't change

My concern is we saw a lot of the same things that the same players have been doing for awhile- Sissoko soft as butter, Aurier leaves wide open space behind him and gives away needless fouls, Winks- weak on the ball and panics under pressure, Sanchez- terrible on the ball and panics under pressure, Jose- happy to sit on a lead and brings on "safe" players like Winks and Moura to see out a game when they have shown in the past to be crap.

Luckily Sissoko, Winks, Moura, Aurier and even Sanchez can easily see much less time but they are some of Jose's favorties and he hasn't sat them in the past despite their garbage play but he did change from his negative tactics in the past so perhaps this will help change his attitude.

But these same issues have been there for awhile and they don't seem to change and the players don't seem to be sat or sold despite repeatedly making them.

After such a comfortable first half, it became about the ‘when will Gary come on?’ - a sideshow that distracted from seeing out the game. Sanchez had a bad game; Stevie B was fairly anonymous...we should have had two more (Kane’s post and Bale’s blatant miss).

Lost two points to a bonkers worldie and a defender’s misjudgement. It happens.
I'd like to know the statistics of a potential top 4 team, drawing a game when 3-0 up with 15 mins left. I can't imagine it happens very often.

Maybe this was the necessary reality check we all needed, hopefully whenever the team are coasting in a match in future this result has been burnt in the minds of players and staff and they use it as incentive to keep up the intensity THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE FUCKING NINETY MINUTES !!!!

No place for Sissoko Aurier and Sanchez in a team trying to be fighting for cups, pathetic. Feel really embarrassed at how we assumed it would be a walk in the park. Keep quiet in future until we have won the game. We've a long way to go. We are going to be a laughing stock after this. Souness is having a right laugh

Aurier just did what he always does. No consistency. It's him and you win nothing with characters like that.

Less frustrated with the other 2.

Back
Top Bottom