Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham; Sunday 18th October; 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We've conceded 8 goals, with only 2 of them coming from open play.

A defence and shape, with training, can be worked on.

The year Leicester won it? 7 goals in their opening 5 games.

The last time Mourinho won it? 7 goals in their opening 5 games.
I'm with you. As pathetic and disappointing as this result was I'm not that worried tbh. Its such a crazy season where nobody can defend for shit.

I'm with you. As pathetic and disappointing as this result was I'm not that worried tbh. Its such a crazy season where nobody can defend for shit.

When Aston Villa have the best defensive record in the league and Liverpool have the worst defensive record in the league, you know it's silly season.

We've actually defended relatively well, set pieces aside.

I think the international break fucked our momentum by the way. Son and Kane are so clinical that they'll still put it away given an opportunity, but all through the match we were making sloppy passes.

Even some people you'd expect better from: Kane was spreading play but putting too much power on the pass and making the receiver run out wide to get it, for example.

More interestingly why are you a huge Winks fan?
giphy.gif

Not looking to start an argument but all that is just cliched bullshit. You can be as angry and vocal as you want in the dressing room. Doesn't count for fuck all. We needed action on the pitch not in the dressing room. Clean passes, possession, coherent defending and a collective effort to push on and play the game in their half, not sit back and wait for the inevitable concession.

We all played with dressing room warriors who changed fuck all on the pitch where it mattered. A prime example would be Dele throwing his toys about on the amazon doc. Rightly pulled up by Dier, no longer a squad regular.
Half time team talk from Jose would be interesting to watch, but as you say staying focused is the responsibility of the players, Nadal plays every point like match point; hide the score and you wouldn’t know if he was 5-0 up or 0-5 down in a set, there is no let up. My avatar on the other hand.........

When Aston Villa have the best defensive record in the league and Liverpool have the worst defensive record in the league, you know it's silly season.

We've actually defended relatively well, set pieces aside.
I think the main problem today is that we have lost the focus and brutality that we had in the first half (possibly the best half we had under Jose).
Our strength is scoring goals and I thought we were a bit too complacent going forward. It's not like the pikeys have owned us at any time. They took their chances and deserved their luck

It was sooo top corner - fairly impossible to stop, I'd say.
It isn't about the shot. Had that been a minute earlier he would not have hit it there. It was the final touch if the ball. But equally. Winks should be going through the man. Not sportsmanlike. But who gives a fuck. Take a yellow or a red but you stop that shot

Back
Top Bottom