Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham; Sunday 18th October; 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We do this every single time against these clowns, should be 8 goals up but we let them off the hook and they pull some mad luck out of their arseholes. And now we have a point at home to relegation candidates

Mourinho needs to stop with this tactic of letting teams off. Even against United at 4-0 up and a man up we stood off them second half.

When a team are there to be taken we need to fucking take them or this shot will happen all season.

Should have been 7 or 8 today if we had the bollocks

sickening
But Jose said he didn’t tell them to stand off but to keep playing as we did first half

Still think our the criticism of our 'defending' is pretty wide of the mark too.

It's not the most aesthetically pleasing of defending, like it was in perhaps 16/17 when we simply suffocated teams in midfield and prevented chances but I don't remember Lloris having to make a single save or West Ham truly troubling the goal before the 80th minute.

And again, like I've said numerous times. Before today, we'd conceded 1 goal from open play in our last 6 league games. And even today, 2 of the 3 we conceded were technically from set pieces with the other being an own goal by our own player.

We definitely need to sort out our defending from set pieces though. Like, it's all they should be doing in training at this point.
I also think Reggie, despite being brilliant, is still getting used to the PL. There were a lot of times today I felt he gave them way too much room out on the left.

I think the main problem today is that we have lost the focus and brutality that we had in the first half (possibly the best half we had under Jose).
Our strength is scoring goals and I thought we were a bit too complacent going forward. It's not like the pikeys have owned us at any time. They took their chances and deserved their luck

It was almost as if we decided to come out in the second half and play for the cleansheet, knowing that we have a 3 goal lead to fall back on and Kane and Son in attack will see us through.

We saw it in the bloody documentary. I think it was against Wolves? Where we got to half time in the lead and Mourinhos game plan and target for that second half was to keep a cleansheet and not concede. Not to win, not to go for the kill.... but just don't concede.

Didn’t get to watch because my son had a game. Think I’ll just avoid watching the replay. Was the OG bad or just bad luck?
Bit of both I guess, he was nowhere near getting enough on it to put it out for a corner at the near post, but got too much on it to put it past the far post. It was a perfect finish. He couldn't just let it run across the box though. If he had left it and someone had a tap in then he would still look a mug.

I’m hoping that this is a wake up call to Jose that our defense needs serious work. Can’t be playing sanchez ESPECIALLY on the left, what’s that all about?

and winks is not the player you bring on to see out a game.

Fair point. Surely you bring on someone with a no nonsense attitude and not one of your physically weaker players

I’m hoping that this is a wake up call to Jose that our defense needs serious work. Can’t be playing sanchez ESPECIALLY on the left, what’s that all about?

and winks is not the player you bring on to see out a game.
And sissoko is not a player you leave on. Can’t believe he is not getting more stick. He hardly tackled any one or pressed and he certainly didn’t keep the ball!

I don't think you missed them I think you ignored them.

What certainly didn't exist outside of you is the our back-up striker search is stopping us from getting a CB posts.

I didn’t ignore them because it didn’t exist.

You waded into the discussion when I was challenging various people on this. It is all there to see

You stated that a back striker was a pressing need and took offence to my point that isn’t wasnt and that CB was.

Again you keep on saying well we could have signed both. Newsflash we didn’t - we got in a back up striker and secured a £40 million deal for a player who will only play in the league if Kane is injured and didn’t sign a top level starting CB.

You try to claim that these were of equal importance but anyone trying claim that a reserve striker is on the same level as replacing Vertonghen and playing in place of Dier or Sanchez is laughably ignorant.

Didn’t get to watch because my son had a game. Think I’ll just avoid watching the replay. Was the OG bad or just bad luck?

It was pretty poor from Lucas and Reguilon on the left - Lucas just stood and watched the player overlap too. Don't think Sanchez could really do anything to be honest. One of those where if he manages to block it and get lucky enough it hits the bar or goes out for a corner, it's "good defending" but unfortunately it went in. If he didn't get there, Bowden taps it in anyway.

Thought everyone was poor second half...actually I'd probably let Ndombele off with no stick. Thought he was bossing it til he came off.

Think even Kane was guilty of thinking bout the hat-trick more than the win.

It feels like a loss but it isn't and that's something to cling to I suppose. We have to believe that they'll learn from this too and not let it happen again.

Back
Top Bottom