Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham; Sunday 18th October; 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bit of both I guess, he was nowhere near getting enough on it to put it out for a corner at the near post, but got too much on it to put it past the far post. It was a perfect finish. He couldn't just let it run across the box though. If he had left it and someone had a tap in then he would still look a mug.

Sanchez has no problems looking like a mug imv
£42 million down the drain

Nowhere near PL level

You’re probably right. I think one of the effects of this game will be that Dier has been cemented as Joses no 1 CB. From now on it will be Dier plus another.

The broader context of what happened is getting lost. After the first 20 minutes, I don’t think we played great football. We looked sharp in moments but this wasn’t like the Utd performance where the clinical finishing was matched by positive possession. We thought we had won within 20 minutes. The arrogance of it is shocking. Jose needs to rip a few heads off.
I agree. There is a big part of the second half that was given to West Ham, however we still created two chances that could have meant 4-0 or 4-2. Either way, lessons are better learned early than during a EL final!

Im stil amazed siss is not get more blame for the stupid foul he gave away on the touch line for the first goal. The guy is going nowhere I think he lost control and siss shoved him in the back for no reason. What an utterly stupid thing to do. I kept saying 2nd they can get back in bcos weren’t closing them down and allowing them to get crosses in. Anything can happen with free kicks into the box like stupid handballs , og’s, etc so make sure you don’t give silly free kicks. What do we do we give two stupid fouls!

Lucas didnt follow the runner ( something he is guilty of quite often) I was asking for changes at 65 mins but I think thats what fucked us up, Winks is guilty of not putting his foot through the ball.lucas not following the runner and Bale for being rusty ( not totally his fault as I am adamant it was a penalty when he got pushed shooting the ball)
West Ham fans are getting the dvd's printed as we speak ...for a draw ...It shows how far we have come.

But every team in the league can do that right now. Everyone's conceding...everyone's dropping points...it's just a ridiculously crazy season.
Which is why is so sad that we're throwing points away like this instead of capitalizing.

Sorry mate, reminds me way too much of the Leicester season. We've too long a history of nearly men with this squad for me to feel comfortable throwing 2 points away against spam because Liverpool and City aren't clicking yet either.

When Aston Villa have the best defensive record in the league and Liverpool have the worst defensive record in the league, you know it's silly season.

We've actually defended relatively well, set pieces aside.

Then you must avoid set pieces but instead we concede numerous.

It's plain stupid and when you have nobody who has the aerial dominance you need them it really is fcukwittery..

Lucas didnt follow the runner ( something he is guilty of quite often) I was asking for changes at 65 mins but I think thats what fucked us up, Winks is guilty of not putting his foot through the ball.lucas not following the runner and Bale for being rusty ( not totally his fault as I am adamant it was a penalty when he got pushed shooting the ball)
West Ham fans are getting the dvd's printed as we speak ...for a draw ...It shows how far we have come.
Interesting point you raise there about the Bale chance - as soon as it went wide I was looking at the ref thinking he was going to give a pen.

The fact VAR didn't even seem to look at it doesn't sit right with me. In fact, following the outrage at VAR handballs etc from a few weeks ago it's all gone suspiciously quiet as if they're purposely avoiding involving it. I wouldn't complain but it's so fucking inconsistent.

We do this every single time against these clowns, should be 8 goals up but we let them off the hook and they pull some mad luck out of their arseholes. And now we have a point at home to relegation candidates

Mourinho needs to stop with this tactic of letting teams off. Even against United at 4-0 up and a man up we stood off them second half.

When a team are there to be taken we need to fucking take them or this shot will happen all season.

Should have been 7 or 8 today if we had the bollocks

sickening

I am as sick as you but much that it pains me to say it I don’t think Spam are relegation candidates this year. They might surprise a few people

I know Lamela aint everyones cup of tea, but i do really think that last 20 mins was screaming for him.
Someone whos aggressive and loves getting in the faces of the opposition and making it awkward for them.
Was he injured?

Back
Top Bottom