Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham; Sunday 18th October; 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What’s the most disappointing is since we went 3-0 up, Kane hitting the post and Bales late effort (I may have missed one) was the only two chances we had in 70 mins of football....they totally bossed us 2nd half.....this game had 6-0 written all over it and a statement made, but 3-3 was never on the cards, we simply collapsed, and in my opinion that collapse is the worst I’ve seen in living memory, considering how long was left and who the opposition was....
The Man City 4-3 was worse IMO

This highlights a MAJOR weakness in Mourinhos philosophy of football, when exposed to 2020:

He simply doesn't value possession highly enough.

Having a team of set piece merchants clogging away at you for 45 is fucking stupid

There should never be a time when anybody has to say "we need to score a 4th". If that happens, there's been a terrible failure towards the back of your team.

Edit: Also if your striker has to do enough defending to be given positive and negative critique on his defensive form, you know your back line has really choked.

Last edited:
Oh I see. NOBODY, just as I thought.
There's plenty. But I am happy for you to believe otherwise. I know there are. I have read many say it. If you bother to read the forum you will see 1 poster even said no one can stop us winning the title in this very thread.

Everyone seemed to expect us to get the champions clap coming on the pitch, like we've won something. This league is too tough to take any opponent, any game, any lead lightly. Jose can kick some ass now.
This was partly down to Jose. I have a hard time thinking it was the players own descision to stop playing second half. And i think the substitutions were below par.

We shouldn´t be playing Aurier as long as he doesn´t learn to not take stupid fouls in stupid positions. I don´t care how bad Doherty is defensively, he can´t be half as braindead as Aurier.

And our CB pairing should be Toby-Rodon from now on

This highlights a MAJOR weakness in Mourinhos philosophy of football, when exposed to 2020:

He simply doesn't value possession highly enough.

Having a team of set piece merchants clogging away at you for 45 is fucking stupid
I agree. We struggle to control & run games. & kind of rely on good moments from son & kane in fast attacks. So we struggle to see out games & slow it all down. Its we attack, you attack.

We have some big burly players afraid of jumping up with other players. Sissoko just stood there for the first. He's 6 foot 2 no excuse there and fuck knows what Sanchez was doing. Then the 3rd. A tame pass to landing who can hit them. Tragic. Seems some of our players still suffer from the losing mebtality sadly

Falls on Mourinho??? How exactly? The players are utter bottlejobs , it falls solely on them. Sissoko losing his man, Sanchez putting it in his own net and Winks not clearing the ball when he has the chance. Bottle job FC
Tell me more about how you feel Winks was a fine choice to sub in and close out a important league derby, especially when you have Bale coming on who isnt match fit yet. Save him for lask... You may think that falls all on the players but ultimately Mourhino made the choices of subs.

Just calming down enough to post. Been away so I've missed a lot of what's been happening. Is Doherty injured? And I've no idea who this Rondon guy is. Sounds like the monster from Godzilla.
My personal takeaways from this game are fairly simple.
We STILL don't play a game of 2 equal halves. Why is it that one half is so often better than the other? No consistency.
Playerwise, although I have taken flak over a couple of seasons for my opinion of Sanchez, I still feel we will never be a serious challenge with him anywhere near the squad. It's important for all the players to show some intelligence but I've given up with him and Serge.
I'm not even sure he has any real ball skills.
Aurier also continues to make stupid mistakes. He's too wild and is always a danger for giving away kicks, penalties etc.
Thought Bale showed he still has all his ability but needs time. He will come good. I have no doubt.
We are now running like a Rolls but with a couple of Ford spare parts. Never reaching it's potential We need to replace those parts with originals. not after market stuff.
Even in the splendid 1st half. on the occasions they attacked. our defense looked wobbly and Moyes saw that.
That's why they came out all guns blazing in the 2nd half. If we continue to play Sanchez, Aurier, and Sissoko, we won't challenge for much. OTOH, with stronger cleverer players and the strength of the rest of the squad, we really should be challenging for the title. City and Pool are off the boil. Woolwich are 2nd rate. Scum are ordinary at best.
If we don't throw away points like this. then they won't come back to bite us in the arse later in the season.

Off to India on Tuesday to try and slow the virus which is spreading at an astonishing speed out there. Looking forward to the food!!! Cricket, not football over there.

Spurs can do it this season, especially CL qualifying but that back line has to change.

Back
Top Bottom