Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham; Sunday 18th October; 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It was almost as if we decided to come out in the second half and play for the cleansheet, knowing that we have a 3 goal lead to fall back on and Kane and Son in attack will see us through.

We saw it in the bloody documentary. I think it was against Wolves? Where we got to half time in the lead and Mourinhos game plan and target for that second half was to keep a cleansheet and not concede. Not to win, not to go for the kill.... but just don't concede.
In fact I could understand that If we have at least a good defense, but we don't. But our better defense is keep on attacking, there is no hope for our defenders at all.

I agree. We struggle to control & run games. & kind of rely on good moments from son & kane in fast attacks. So we struggle to see out games & slow it all down. Its we attack, you attack.
The Kane & Son Show is at least better than the Harry Kane Team. Two players means a 200% diversification of the Spurs portfolio!

I think Mourinho needs to take some of the blame as well.

He made too many subs - we all wanted to see Bale but Son, Berg and Tanguy all around the same time is too much.

Other than that, it was jusr carelessness. The players have to learn to apply themselves 100% throughout instead of taking their foot off the pedal.

Hoping this draw will stay in the back of their minds when they are winning big in future games.

Guys. It was a freak result. It happens. That’s football.

Fuck me!! Forget poxy Covid, this sodding football club will be the death of us all. Jose set us up differently in the 2nd half, can’t understand why? Even side like West Ham will gain belief from having so much possession and chances given to them.
Then we have the individual errors, mostly from the same old culprits.
Mourinho must be wandering what the fuck is going on? Kane & Son must be sick and tired of carrying the rest of them.
Ive said it before, and I’ll say it again....the club is cursed!!!!!!!

He made too many subs - we all wanted to see Bale but Son, Berg and Tanguy all around the same time is too much.

Other than that, it was jusr carelessness. The players have to learn to apply themselves 100% throughout instead of taking their foot off the pedal.

Hoping this draw will stay in the back of their minds when they are winning big in future games.

100%.

Good post.

Still believe the game was 100% lost on Ndombele-Winks substitution.

Plus the usual suspect always switching off, namely Sissoko, Sanchez and Aurier.

There was a mix of problems.

- Playing for a cleansheet in the second half
- Taking off Ndombele for Winks
- Kane hungry for his hattrick
- Players wanting to give Bale his moment

In my opinion.

Mourinho really should have taken Kane off for Vinicius. Fuck the hattrick. Kane will get over it and be even hungrier next game to get one. Ndombele off was a travesty, unless he was injured. Which we now know he wasn't.

But we learn from it.

The Bale euphoria is over and done with now. Right, he's back. He's now played for Spurs again. Lo Celso should be back next week, so hopefully he starts with Ndombele or one is on the bench to replace the other (or their partner) and keep up the ability to resist the press and progress the ball forward.

In fact I could understand that If we have at least a good defense, but we don't. But our better defense is keep on attacking, there is no hope for our defenders at all.

It's almost like Mourinho invites these teams onto us, knowing of the threat we have in attack. Instead of trying to keep the ball, dominate the possession and create the openings ourselves.

This was partly down to Jose. I have a hard time thinking it was the players own descision to stop playing second half. And i think the substitutions were below par.

We shouldn´t be playing Aurier as long as he doesn´t learn to not take stupid fouls in stupid positions. I don´t care how bad Doherty is defensively, he can´t be half as braindead as Aurier.

And our CB pairing should be Toby-Rodon from now on

As soon as Mourinho shook Kane's hand at half time our 2nd half mindset was fucked

I was rather hoping it was the Newcastle debacle that would stay in the back of their minds but they clearly have the minds and memories of fucking Goldfish

2 points from 9 at fortress WHL
4 points thrown away in the last second of two games

There's plenty. But I am happy for you to believe otherwise. I know there are. I have read many say it. If you bother to read the forum you will see 1 poster even said no one can stop us winning the title in this very thread.

God forbid anyone show any signs of enthusiasm and partisan belief in their team....

Should just stick to nay-saying the shit out of everything like you, should they you wormy little shit?

p.s. No-one's been saying our FORM was title winning, you liar.

I agree. We struggle to control & run games. & kind of rely on good moments from son & kane in fast attacks. So we struggle to see out games & slow it all down. Its we attack, you attack.
To be fair I think that's what he was trying to do in bringing Winks on. Retain possession and gain some control. Lo Celso will definitely help us with this.

Cheer up lads its just a blip in the pursuit of the quadruple.

Big Boi Smiling GIF by Outkast

Bale was barely on 20mins, is woefully unfit and nearly scored in his first game in however long.

It will get better.
We all know that. But that attack all the time mentality he picked up in Madrid will need to go if he is to stay under Jose. 92nd min you should be running into the corner not trying to grab the headlines. It doesn't matter that he should have scored but that he even tried. If he does that we win.

There was a mix of problems.

- Playing for a cleansheet in the second half
- Taking off Ndombele for Winks
- Kane hungry for his hattrick
- Players wanting to give Bale his moment

In my opinion.

Mourinho really should have taken Kane off for Vinicius. Fuck the hattrick. Kane will get over it and be even hungrier next game to get one. Ndombele off was a travesty, unless he was injured. Which we now know he wasn't.

But we learn from it.

The Bale euphoria is over and done with now. Right, he's back. He's now played for Spurs again. Lo Celso should be back next week, so hopefully he starts with Ndombele or one is on the bench to replace the other (or their partner) and keep up the ability to resist the press and progress the ball forward.
Or on a quality of the midfield

Press resistent midfielders would keep possession and see the game out.

Dinosaur tactics of seeing out games by completely surrendering possession against inferior oppositions didn't help either.

Back
Top Bottom