Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Open your eyes.

Winks.jpg

That is after Winks has already played the ball.

The problem with the play is that Winks did not clear the ball and instead tapped it to Lanzini. The above play would not even have happened if Winks cleared the ball like he was supposed.

So keep posting irrelevant videos and crying about open your eyes but it doesn't change that the play you are talking about happens after Winks screwed up.

That really is the biggest load of bollocks I've ever read on here.

Jose won't drop him 'cos he has "friends". He's done it to Dele and Danny.
Jose doesn't give a fuck who he upsets if it means winning.
Dele hasn't being dropped and Danny was dropped cause he confronted him and called other player shite, smartass.

Comprehension is fine.

The original post said that Jose was managing Winks because he has friends in the squad and doesn't want to upset the team.

You said it was the biggest load of bullocks. I do not think that is close to bullocks let alone the biggest.
So now you have read it again, you agree that it was nothing to do with playing "favourites" ?

Do you not think that Dele has friends in the squad?
If he does why has Jose dropped him ?

Sure

The idea that Jose doesn't play favorites is ridiculous. All managers do and I would say that Jose does more than most.

Shit managers do. Like him or hate him, Jose is a winner. And you don’t get to be a serial winner in this game by choosing your underperforming pals over the higher quality players.

Case in point is Dele. It was clear from the documentary that Jose liked Dele - he said as much himself. He was patient with him too. But eventually he made the decision to not only remove a player he likes from the first team, but from the squad totally. Jose is ruthless.

That is after Winks has already played the ball.

The problem with the play is that Winks did not clear the ball and instead tapped it to Lanzini. The above play would not even have happened if Winks cleared the ball like he was supposed.

So keep posting irrelevant videos and crying about open your eyes but it doesn't change that the play you are talking about happens after Winks screwed up.
The video isn't irrelevant? Yet the screenshot clearly shows him being fouled where he could and would have got a block in.

Your agenda against Winks is baffling. It's as if you haven't a clue about football.. oh wait...

So now you have read it again, you agree that it was nothing to do with playing "favourites" ?

Do you not think that Dele has friends in the squad?
If he does why has Jose dropped him ?

I think it does have to do with favorites as well. I think Winks is a Jose favorite and he likes what he brings so he wants to keep things happy with him.

I think Jose sees Dele as a guy he can make an example of so that he treats him differently because he is trying to get a different point across with his treatment of Dele versus his treatment of Winks.

I can't bear Winks but this implosion had very little to do with him, IMO. We were so passive/sluggish for the entire second half. West Ham worked much harder than us, and I don't honestly know what our issue was. Maybe it was complacency, maybe it was tactics, maybe it was poor fitness. Hard to say.

Why do you keep making up excuses for him? His first touch should have been a hoof - alleged block came later

He fucked up - no big deal. He’s not event starting in PL games which is great
If it's not a big deal then why the fuck are you harping on about it and calling him shit?

Time you fucked off back to your kennel.

The video isn't irrelevant and the screenshot clearly shows him being fouled where he could and would have got a block in.

Your agenda against Winks is baffling. It's as if you haven't a clue about football.. oh wait...

What are you talking about?

the play in question happened before the supposed foul.

Who cares about whether Winks can block the shot or not as he should have cleared the ball before it even got to Lanzini, you ignoring that fact doesn't change what happened. You trying to whine and shift it to personal attacks doesn't change the shit play Winks made.

I can't bear Winks but this implosion had very little to do with him, IMO. We were so passive/sluggish for the entire second half. West Ham worked much harder than us, and I don't honestly know what our issue was. Maybe it was complacency, maybe it was tactics, maybe it was poor fitness. Hard to say.
Down to him sissoko and Sanchez all at fault for today.

It was tactics in the second half and we were slow to respond.

Dele hasn't being dropped and Danny was dropped cause he confronted him and called other player shite, smartass.

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAH...... He started the first game of the the season, got subbed at half time, has barely played seen since and has not even made the match-day squad on multiple occasions.

...But he's not been dropped. :mourfacepalm:

Back
Top Bottom