Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Doherty has been woeful though.

Auriers performance against Utd alone was better than anything Doherty has conjured up. I'm not sure there should be any argument.

Aurier was not good against United though, he just wasn't challenged because they went down to 10 men so early so weren't able to exploit the space he left wide open by drifting into the middle of field, not running back in defense and tuning out of the game to chase butterflies.

Doherty against Everton was much better than any game Aurier has had this season.

Aurier was not good against United though, he just wasn't challenged because they went down to 10 men so early so weren't able to exploit the space he left wide open by drifting into the middle of field, not running back in defense and tuning out of the game to chase butterflies.

Doherty against Everton was much better than any game Aurier has had this season.

He got an assist and a goal. That absolutely makes it a better performance than the woeful Doherty performance against Everton. Where he was time and time again bullied by Richarlison

He got an assist and a goal. That absolutely makes it a better performance than the woeful Doherty performance against Everton. Where he was time and time again bullied by Richarlison

He had a goal when the game was a blow out and an assist that was 100% due to the goal scorer not anything he did.

Doherty at least created chances on his own not relying on others. Both were weak defensively in every game they have played. Doherty at least works hard and cuts out some chances, Aurier doesn't work and gives away free kicks like candy.

To be fair, it should never have been given

Is that video to show that no foul should be given? It looks soft but there is zero reason for Serge to keep pushing like that. Let the ball roll out and we are fine.

I think if it was the first time maybe people would give him the benefit of the doubt but if he plays that correct there is no chance for the ref to give a soft foul and way too often he needless creates plays like that.

Also, why is he giving away the ball in that situation. He is way to casual with the ball in situations like that that get him into trouble.

He had a goal when the game was a blow out and an assist that was 100% due to the goal scorer not anything he did.

Doherty at least created chances on his own not relying on others. Both were weak defensively in every game they have played. Doherty at least works hard and cuts out some chances, Aurier doesn't work and gives away free kicks like candy.
Doherty keeps getting caught out of position, doesn’t have the necessary pace to get back and seems to have a ball-magnet for an arm.
Similarly ‘not impressive’ players, but Serge is a bit faster so gets my vote right now (but may be due Doherty to replace following today)...

He should've lamped it up the pitch. Way too casual on the ball allowing Snodgrass time to nip in. Foul or not I don't really know or care tbh.

Other than that I thought he played well.

His touch was poor, the other player got his body in the way and Serge stuck a foot out. Its a free kick.
Rubbish, he tried to jockey, the player tripped. It wasn't a 'tackle' from behind as you're claiming.

You can have a go at Serge for many things but i'll bet most people who've actually played football don't think that's a free kick and it's a poor refereeing decision.

Is that video to show that no foul should be given? It looks soft but there is zero reason for Serge to keep pushing like that. Let the ball roll out and we are fine.

I think if it was the first time maybe people would give him the benefit of the doubt but if he plays that correct there is no chance for the ref to give a soft foul and way too often he needless creates plays like that.

Also, why is he giving away the ball in that situation. He is way to casual with the ball in situations like that that get him into trouble.

100pc. He made the refs mind up by attempting to tackle from behind. Just jockey and see it out.

Hell never change. Brain dead defending as usual.

Rubbish, he tried to jockey, the player tripped. It wasn't a 'tackle' from behind as you're claiming.

You can have a go at Serge for many things but i'll bet most people who've actually played football don't think that's a free kick and it's a poor refereeing decision.

I bet ive played a higher level than you. So pipe down. I also played full back. So I kinda know what Im talking about here. Its a daft tackle he didnt have to make. You can defend without putting a foot in.

Back
Top Bottom