Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sorry.

What a manager David Pleat was - that ‘87 team with those players playing that style. Clive Allen 49 goals. The memories, he didn’t need to win silverware, we transcended such things that season.
Never saw that team, but looking at the lineup I would've loved to!

when I was 8 years old playing with my mates I was imitating Klinsmann, I wasn't thinking of trophies, I try to retain that feeling to this day. This is a game to be enjoyed. Enjoy it FFS!

I would take that than actually publicly declaring that you would have more love for a manger who won us nothing than one who would win us the treble. What blinder next Jol over Burkinshaw because he gave me my Spurs back.

Well I don't remember Burkinshaw but I loved Jol as well, rather him than a Graham or Ramos even if those two actually won a cup each.

You don't really get football do you?

:mourthumb:

Sorry.

What a manager David Pleat was - that ‘87 team with those players playing that style. Clive Allen 49 goals. The memories, he didn’t need to win silverware, we transcended such things that season.
You are not comparing apples with apples. People were saying they like and miss Poch as a man as much as a manager, you then compare him to Pleat. Not sure he ticks the nice man box for everyone in quite the same way as you well know

The likes of Swansea, Birmingham, Portsmouth have won major honours in recent times whilst clubs like Luton and Oxford have done so on the not too distant past. Leicester won the league.

But you’re right clubs shouldn’t strive for the top especially a club like ours which is one of the wealthiest on the world and has won virtually everything in the game.

Funny old game

Not saying we shouldn't aim for trophies BUT if you can't appreciate the great job Poch did at our club whilst manager then that's your problem.

Levy let him down, didn't truly back him when.we had a great team but not a great squad. If he had then I'm sure we would've won a pot or two under Poch.

Just as a matter of interest would anybody here think any less of Poch if he was to manage Man Utd next ? or would everyone (maybe begrudgingly) wish him every success at his new club ??

Back
Top Bottom