WBA Vs Tottenham, Sunday 8th Nov - KO 12noon - Sky Sports PPV.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tottenham played football that was a joy to watch under redknapp and poch yet still won Jack shit. Things were always going to be different with Mourinho
Teams will always pack their defence if they are desperate for points.
We didn't have the best day but also we didn't let one in !
Tell me again what we won with the 2 you mention ?

I literally don’t know what you disagreed with? Blocked.

I disagreed with the majority of the nonsense you posted there.

Not really hard to know especially when I said you have no idea what I am enjoying or not yet continue to feel the need to tell me how I am feeling.

Oh no what ever will I do if you block me?

It seems like we have a bad pattern lately of arrogance against lower quality teams. We start slow, just hoof the ball up the pitch like we have all day to score, and refuse to press.

Maybe this is the directive to avoid overworking the players, but it feels more like arrogance that the game is in the bag and we can win this at half speed.
There is zero point in pressing a team whose entire plan is a diagonal ball to either flank and a headed flick on, you only press teams that actually want to play out of the back.

And I didn't see any "arrogance" from our players today, I saw solid defending, discipline and hard graft.

If we play poor and win it matters because it is not sustainable, especially when it is against poor teams so we are unlikely to get away with it when we play better teams.

If we play poor because of the tactics and line-up then it is concerning because again doing the same things against better teams will result in us not winning.

I am enjoying the win, have never said I wasn't, but that doesn't mean that we should ignore the clear signs of concern. It is very possible to enjoy the win, be happy where we are in the table and still have concerns about clear problems that we have.
You need to grasp the concept that conceding ZERO goals is playing well ... no team that conceded zero goals ever lost a proper game of football, reflect on that before you go all ranting crazy.

The supposed 'better team' we played so far were stuffed 6-1 ... let's see how we go next Sunday

I disagreed with the majority of the nonsense you posted there.

Not really hard to know especially when I said you have no idea what I am enjoying or not yet continue to feel the need to tell me how I am feeling.

Oh no what ever will I do if you block me?
Rattled!

I am Korean myself and you don't really know how it is in Korea, he totally sucks in the national team mostly and he can't perform against even Southeast Asian U-23 youngsters.
Koreans had to endure his pathetic performance like today so many times that most people lost any hope on him.
Son is not even half of man like Ji Sung Park in the national team and he is the main reason of national team lost popularity in SK.
Some teenage girls may like him as Beckham, but Kpop idols are way more popular.
You keep listening to your Kpop children's music then.

If we play poor and win it matters because it is not sustainable, especially when it is against poor teams so we are unlikely to get away with it when we play better teams.

If we play poor because of the tactics and line-up then it is concerning because again doing the same things against better teams will result in us not winning.

I am enjoying the win, have never said I wasn't, but that doesn't mean that we should ignore the clear signs of concern. It is very possible to enjoy the win, be happy where we are in the table and still have concerns about clear problems that we have.
Why did we play poor ?
We matched them man for man.
They kicked us regularly but no bookings.
Got a clean sheet !
Waited until 88th minute to score so they didn't have time to respond. Genius !

Me, I am.......

HAPPY
HAPPY
HAPPY

I am Korean myself and you don't really know how it is in Korea, he totally sucks in the national team mostly and he can't perform against even Southeast Asian U-23 youngsters.
Koreans had to endure his pathetic performance like today so many times that most people lost any hope on him.
Son is not even half of man like Ji Sung Park in the national team and he is the main reason of national team lost popularity in SK.
Some teenage girls may like him as Beckham, but Kpop idols are way more popular.
Interesting post. I'm just going to assume that it's in good faith and probably true. It has the ring of truth to it: the kind of people who would chase celebrities around a major city are teenage girls and odd types who would typically know very little about football other than the players' brands/reputations.

Beckham was, at the least, very good for England a lot of the time, despite a few major fuck-ups.

You need to grasp the concept that conceding ZERO goals is playing well ... no team that conceded zero goals ever lost a proper game of football, reflect on that before you go all ranting crazy.

The supposed 'better team' we played so far were stuffed 6-1 ... let's see how we go next Sunday

When the reason you give up zero goals has more to do with luck or the other team as was the case today and against Burnley then I think there are reasons for concerns.

Massive improvement in our defending since the West Ham game. Since we took Sanchez out we look much more solid and we are also managing the last phase of matches very well. Not letting opponents attack our box at all.

This is the key for us to have success, our attack will always score goals and we can improve a lot once Bale, Gio and Ndombele reach maximum fitness. Mou is clearly doing good work.
And still to unleash Rodon, who will get fit with Wales !

One good thing about winning these dire games is that teams who look to frustrate will have to try something else than “ Death football “

I really hate playing against west brom. putting 11 blocs up with negative football. we were underwhelming but this sort of opposition always gets the worse out of us.

Though I believe that if Son had buried it in the first half (after a great forward pass by Bale, great whip by kane, and master shift by N'dombele). The game would have unfolded differently

Back
Top Bottom