WBA Vs Tottenham, Sunday 8th Nov - KO 12noon - Sky Sports PPV.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So how did Ndombele play then?

I was out and didn’t watch the game.
He had one nice ball through to Son early on and pretty much just lost the ball every other time he got on it

But he was better than sissoko which apparently equates to a masterclass of a performance

We played some lovely football under poch but ultimately we didn't do what defines you as a successful club and win any trophies. If we get to a final play like we did today and win 1-0 I honestly would not give a fuck about the performance. Positives from today only really was toby and dier which when you play poorly you need your defenders on top form to keep you in the games so you can hopefully somehow nick a goal which is exactly what happened today. Top of the league take the 3 points and move on. As good as liverpool were last season they played poorly at times and ground out wins when not at their best.
You're partially correct. Grinding out a horrible looking win is one of the most important things for winners to be able to do. Do we wanna watch shot like that every week? Fuck no.

Not to get the thread off track and perhaps you have already explained this before but why only England and no club team?

That seems very odd to me as it isn't like supporting a club would affect your ability to support England as well.

I really don't get how someone who can obviously like and watch the game would not want to support a club as well.
He's probably a ex bury fan

He had one nice ball through to Son early on and pretty much just lost the ball every other time he got on it

But he was better than sissoko which apparently equates to a masterclass of a performance
Ndombele was t that bad he created some other good situations like for Kane when he got injured won a bunch of free kicks as well. Without him we would have no creativity I thought he did ok. Yeah lost the ball a few times but no worse than the rest of the team and at least he tries to be progressive with his psssing. Something you can’t say about siss!

sorry but I’m expecting a lot more form bale it’s been a month .
A month!! Hahahahaha

Then you know Jack shit about football. He’s a 30 something bloke who’s been playing hardly any competitive football for a couple of seasons. Played 1300 minutes in total last year.
Kane has already played almost 1000 this season for Spurs. It’s November! And the season started late.

Seriously what do you expect from him? Taxi for Maicon type performances??

Go and play FIFA or go and do some real coaching with actual people and see how it goes for you.

You're partially correct. Grinding out a horrible looking win is one of the most important things for winners to be able to do. Do we wanna watch shot like that every week? Fuck no.
No ideally we wouldn't and I don't think we will (we have played some brilliant stuff already this season)but if given the choice between playing great but coming up short or grinding out wins and lifting silverware I'll take the trophies everytime myself.

We played some lovely football under poch but ultimately we didn't do what defines you as a successful club and win any trophies. If we get to a final play like we did today and win 1-0 I honestly would not give a fuck about the performance. Positives from today only really was toby and dier which when you play poorly you need your defenders on top form to keep you in the games so you can hopefully somehow nick a goal which is exactly what happened today. Top of the league take the 3 points and move on. As good as liverpool were last season they played poorly at times and ground out wins when not at their best.

Another attacking poch. We haven't won anything yet. Relax people

You’d be surprised reading some of the posts

We won
We’re top

That’s all that matters

I’ve got an afternoon in Dunelm to look fwd to

:dembelewtf:
We get all the way there and it’s click and collect only
lol 😝

Mrs B frothing!!

No ideally we wouldn't and I don't think we will (we have played some brilliant stuff already this season)but if given the choice between playing great but coming up short or grinding out wins and lifting silverware I'll take the trophies everytime myself.
Not sure I would...I'd love to win a trophy but....well...maybe I'm wrong but winning it ugly would always seem a bit bitter. Maybe.

Another attacking poch. We haven't won anything yet. Relax people
I never attacked him. I stated we didn't win anything whilst playing some good stuff under him which is 100% true. It was a great ride but ultimately once again we came up short. It's not just about playing well it's about getting results in big moments and winning ugly. I'd rather be able to grind out hard fought wins if it means lifting trophies than playing pretty stuff but always being the bridesmaid.

Not sure I would...I'd love to win a trophy but....well...maybe I'm wrong but winning it ugly would always seem a bit bitter. Maybe.
If we had played how we did today against liverpool in champions league final and won 1-0 let's be honest we wouldn't of given a flying fuck about the performance.

A month!! Hahahahaha

Then you know Jack shit about football. He’s a 30 something bloke who’s been playing hardly any competitive football for a couple of seasons. Played 1300 minutes in total last year.
Kane has already played almost 1000 this season for Spurs. It’s November! And the season started late.

Seriously what do you expect from him? Taxi for Maicon type performances??

Go and play FIFA or go and do some real coaching with actual people and see how it goes for you.
And you do prick ? Ha ha

It's as though we were watching ptwo different games. I thought Ndombele was excellent. He showed some great flair getting passed 2-3 West Brom players a few times, some nice turns and good passes. The ball he got to Son should've been scored. He clearly set Kane up later in the second half. I thought he was really good for us today.

Ugly wins are a part of the game and Mourinho is the master of them. As long as we’re not conceding a boatload of goals like we were before and we’re winning, I’m happy. With Son, Kane, Bale, Ndomebele we will always create enough chances to win the game - as long as we’re solid and boring at the back, its all good.

The West Ham game was exciting- everyone was talking about it - and we hated it. I don’t need that type of excitement in my footballing life
I think this is a fallacy. You don't have to play ugly to win, plenty of teams win by playing much better stuff.

The WH game wasn't exciting throughout, we had a burst of good play and then we were crap and paid for it in the end. We rarely ever play even 45 minutes of sustained good football these days, let alone 90. And it's not even to do with excitement or end-to-end football, the point is that we can't even string passes together in a competent way. And there is no way we are gonna get anywhere playing like this for long.

It's as though we were watching ptwo different games. I thought Ndombele was excellent. He showed some great flair getting passed 2-3 West Brom players a few times, some nice turns and good passes. The ball he got to Son should've been scored. He clearly set Kane up later in the second half. I thought he was really good for us today.

He was excellent AT TIMES, and as you say set up two clear chances. But he also lost the ball several times and has the aggression and mobility of a child.

I never attacked him. I stated we didn't win anything whilst playing some good stuff under him which is 100% true. It was a great ride but ultimately once again we came up short. It's not just about playing well it's about getting results in big moments and winning ugly. I'd rather be able to grind out hard fought wins if it means lifting trophies than playing pretty stuff but always being the bridesmaid.

We had plenty of games like this under poch also. The team Jose inherited were the quality and needed some tweaks so part of what we have now is down to poch if we're really going to compare. As much as winning these games playing badly says something about us doing better. It also means we have to start playing well or just like previous seasons we will come up short. We've made hard work of games since the last ten mins of the west ham game til now. As I said it's good to win when playing badly but eventually that fortune will run out. We've won nothing after 8 games

Back
Top Bottom