WBA Vs Tottenham, Sunday 8th Nov - KO 12noon - Sky Sports PPV.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We did end up creating a decent amount...

You could feel our winner coming from bout the 75th minute onwards.

Something happened around the 75th minute...can't remember what...

Untitled.png

I think this is a fallacy. You don't have to play ugly to win, plenty of teams win by playing much better stuff.

It is also concerning that we are playing ugly seemingly on purpose against weaker teams, forcing ourselves to grind out wins we shouldn't have to. People are right winning ugly and grinding out wins are part of winning championships, but planning to win ugly and grinding out wins are not.

If we are playing poorly by design and against weak teams what happens when we play poor because we are having an off day and against good teams? Its hopeful to think things will always go our way in those games.

We had plenty of games like this under poch also. The team Jose inherited were the quality and needed some tweaks so part of what we have now is down to poch if we're really going to compare. As much as winning these games playing badly says something about us doing better. It also means we have to start playing well or just like previous seasons we will come up short. We've made hard work of games since the last ten mins of the west ham game til now. As I said it's good to win when playing badly but eventually that fortune will run out. We've won nothing after 8 games
Nope I agree we have won nothing yet. But like I said ultimately if we play like this more often than not but then come up with the silverware then I'm a happy bunny. For me successful sides win trophies (we haven't won a serious one since 91)and I'd be happy winning them grinding out results like this.

With sissoko also there it's never going to work. Those two can never play in the same team as we lost the midfield completely I like n'dombele. Still needs some extra fitness but playing well up until he burns out
I like him too but he's not at the level he needs to be right now to play deeper in midfield. He's getting closer, but we cannot play with Tanguy/Gio/Hojbjerg right now unless we're chasing a game.

Just realised that was another clean sheet.
I haven’t seen this thread since before the game started, so I haven’t seen any of the in game meaning, but I thought Toby and Eric were both good today.

The best compliment I can pay our team today is that Jose has us winning like cunts... REAL cunts...

The type of cunts who slog it out for 88 minutes, then, JUST when you think they're good for a draw, they go and sneak a cunty 89th minute winner...

ArseAnal used to do it all the time.... and I hated them for it (whilst secretly wishing WE knew how to win with such dark arts)
Well now we can.... and I know how it feels.
It ain't pretty.... it's not good for the heart... but it's fucking effective, and KILLS the opposition!

I never thought I'd say it, but bring it the fuck on if it wins us summit!

Did I say they were? They are however games that you have to win if you want to be in the hunt.
There are no easy games or teams.
And you can’t compare WBA & Brighton with City, Chavs & Woolwich
no you didn’t,was merely saying that they two games were hard difficult fixtures for us where we‘ve struggled previously and you could say did again but got away with it.

I think this is a fallacy. You don't have to play ugly to win, plenty of teams win by playing much better stuff.

The WH game wasn't exciting throughout, we had a burst of good play and then we were crap and paid for it in the end. We rarely ever play even 45 minutes of sustained good football these days, let alone 90. And it's not even to do with excitement or end-to-end football, the point is that we can't even string passes together in a competent way. And there is no way we are gonna get anywhere playing like this for long.
Spot on, listening to many you’d think it was a binary choice between playing well and losing, and playing shit and winning.

Results are the most important thing, no one would disagree. The worry is that we’re not playing well enough to maintain these results.

We must improve, let’s hope we do!

I haven’t seen this thread since before the game started, so I haven’t seen any of the in game meaning, but I thought Toby and Eric were both good today.

As you can imagine, the verdict upon the specifics of the performance is 100% positive.... As far as I can tell, "immaculate", "pristine" and "horny" are the words of the day. :)

Toby certainly was.

You're right in everything you say. Supporting a club just doesn't feel natural to me. At the end of the day, elite clubs are merely big businesses with a semi-unique product. On both a personal level and as a neuroscientist, I feel like it's very easy to have an unhealthy relationship with football (sometimes profoundly so), especially when you follow a club that plays multiple times a week on average. I don't want to go too hard against supporting clubs because I'd be indirectly in opposition to the vast majority of this fine community!
Blatant 'im a neuroscientist' thread 😂

Can you explain why you felt the need to bring their religion into it at all let alone the terrorist part. Genuine question
I was just listing reasons NOT to visit Birmingham.
It is a fact that police raided Birmingham addresses after attacks in London.
I'm sorry if people take offence, but it was only a fact.
It appears that Labour can disrespect Jews, Muslims can attack Vienna, Paris etc but don't dare mention this because if you do , you are racist.
Everyone is allowed an opinion and I was not calling out ALL Muslims but the guys on the bridge in London did shout Allah !

It appears that Labour can disrespect Jews, Muslims can attack Vienna, Paris etc but don't dare mention this because if you do , you are racist.
Everyone is allowed an opinion and I was not calling out ALL Muslims but the guys on the bridge in London did shout Allah !

Your post was shit (being kind) and offensive.... Own it and walk away. This is not a good look.

No one says any of that is right at all. But you brought it up here not anyone else. Also, the kind of terrorists you identify that shout out Allah are not true Muslims but merely extremists who use religion as an excuse or a reason. Your post did label terrorists as muslims which is incorrect. Most terrorist acts in the US were carried out by right wing supremacists so.....
Anyways, I'm not sure it's appreciated and I didn't but hopefully you understand my points and respond calmly rather than calling me a snowflake, sjw etc.

No one says any of that is right at all. But you brought it up here not anyone else. Also, the kind of terrorists you identify that shout out Allah are not true Muslims but merely extremists who use religion as an excuse or a reason. Your post did label terrorists as muslims which is incorrect. Most terrorist acts in the US were carried out by right wing supremacists so.....
Anyways, I'm not sure it's appreciated and I didn't but hopefully you understand my points and respond calmly rather than calling me a snowflake, sjw etc.

Geezer thought he was giving it top bantz; now back-peddling towards the ridiculous notion that it was actual genuine social comment upon both Birmingham itself and hypocrisy surrounding public attitudes....

The nerve of the bloke is frankly astounding!

Back
Top Bottom