Japhet Tanganga

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

:mourfacepalm:

It's really frustrating but I also just feel bad for him. I've been so anxious to see him get some more game time and continue his development, but he can't shake the injury problems right now.

I feel bad for him too. Unfortunately, part of youth development is dealing with their bodies growing and sometimes can result in injuries in those early years.

Just what is wrong with his back precisely?

I doubt if anyone has any real knowledge - club has not given out much info.

He missed re-start of PL said to be 'stress fracture of back' before reappearing on bench for last 3 games of the season but didn't come on.

Missed pre-season and start of this season begore coming back to play 70 mins v Chelsea in League cup, his substitution appeared to be tactical as he was replaced by Kane. Announced in E u21 squad before withdrawing and hasn't been seen since in a match squad but appeared to be seen back in training on an instagram picture from Dier. Recent absence described as a thigh injury by a journo (think it was Ally Gold).

If the back injury story was correct, it's possible its been recurring, but who knows. Unless JM gives more information out at a press conference, I suspect we will need to wait for him to suddenly be announced in a squad.

Frustrating for fans - probably even more so for the player who needs playing time and EL games likely to be an easier way to get back to full fitness.

He missed re-start of PL said to be 'stress fracture of back' before reappearing on bench for last 3 games of the season but didn't come on.

Missed pre-season and start of this season begore coming back to play 70 mins v Chelsea in League cup, his substitution appeared to be tactical as he was replaced by Kane. Announced in E u21 squad before withdrawing and hasn't been seen since in a match squad but appeared to be seen back in training on an instagram picture from Dier. Recent absence described as a thigh injury by a journo (think it was Ally Gold).

If the back injury story was correct, it's possible its been recurring, but who knows. Unless JM gives more information out at a press conference, I suspect we will need to wait for him to suddenly be announced in a squad.

Frustrating for fans - probably even more so for the player who needs playing time and EL games likely to be an easier way to get back to full fitness.
Stress fracture of the back sounds very serious.

Thigh injury according to PhysioRoom.

Mourinho, in his press conference, also implied that this was a new injury, and the back issues are behind him (for now at least).

Saw he was back in training this week. If Toby is out for a significant period of time, this kid could get his opportunity. Especially with Rodon not available in the EL.

I back this kid to be a player for us.

Saw he was back in training this week. If Toby is out for a significant period of time, this kid could get his opportunity. Especially with Rodon not available in the EL.

I back this kid to be a player for us.

He'll likely start at RB on Thursday.

Hope he has a good game.

Back
Top Bottom