Japhet Tanganga

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We need 4 CB's who are Toby, Dier, Sanchez and Tanganga. We are linked with a Swansea CB. Is he better than Tanganga? Is he like Davies and not Homegrown for Europe? I have never heard of the Swansea player and have no idea.

Don’t expect too much from him this season. He was injured from March to September and played 70 minutes against Chelsea before getting injured again. Will be months before he is in top condition.

Seriously guys, don't do it to yourselves....

Temper your expectations. A 19 year old kid at CB won't be the answer to your prayers.

As long as he can clock up plenty of game-time this season (whatever the competition), I'll be happy.

I'd suggest a similar outlook with Rodon too.

Temper your expectations. A 19 year old kid at CB won't be the answer to your prayers.

As long as he can clock up plenty of game-time this season (whatever the competition), I'll be happy.

Think Rodon is probably more ready to play games at CB in the league than Tanganga. I feel they'll be treading carefully with him given the time he's had with injuries since breaking into the side.

He's no saviour for sure, nor is Rodon. But I cannot wat to see him getting more and more game experience

Think Rodon is probably more ready to play games at CB in the league than Tanganga. I feel they'll be treading carefully with him given the time he's had with injuries since breaking into the side.

I hope so... His big injury last year was his back..... He's young he needs to be afforded whatever time necessary to full heal otherwise he risks suffering for the rest of his career.

I hope so... His big injury last year was his back..... He's young he needs to be afforded whatever time necessary to full heal otherwise he risks suffering for the rest of his career.
That's it. And the few niggles he's had in thigh muscles and whatever else. The effect the jump to pro schedule/intensity of game isn't to be laughed off, especially a player who puts himself about like Japhet. Encouraging start but long way to go with his development imo

Utterly normal developmental curve for a young player. He will have swings in forms and make mistakes. King had the Rio had them. Needs fitness games and with that experience. H

I suspect poster you quoted only saw the Chelsea League Cup game where Tanganga played 70 minutes before being replaced by Kane - which was his first back since pre-lockdown in March, so whilst fit he is likely to have been 'rusty'. He had a dodgy first 15 minutes in that game but after that was fine (which is commendable given the opposition) and did quite well (better than some other players).

Back
Top Bottom