Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Modric and Dembele both so much talent, yet one developed his potential to the limit while the other maybe has a few regrets.

Am so willing to believe Ndombele will turn out to be a Modric-ish success.
I don't think Dembele has anything to be regretful about. He had to play through pain and was unlucky with his chronic injury.

Modric and Dembele both so much talent, yet one developed his potential to the limit while the other maybe has a few regrets.

Am so willing to believe Ndombele will turn out to be a Modric-ish success.

Not sure I agree with your assessment of Dembele. He was an unplayable beast and a vital cog in our best sustained period since the 60’s. Sure he may not have won anything but neither has Kane yet.

Again, I don't think it's a case of Ndombele not being able to play 90 minutes. I have no doubt he can. He's done it twice this season.

I just think Lo Celso also needs minutes and he'd rather sacrifice creativity for creativity to keep us having that solid base.

However if GLC keeps forcing Mourinhos hand by scoring or assisting whenever he's given the chance, he'd have no choice but to start him and considering Ndombele doesn't deserve to be dropped, we may just see both at the same time over the next month or so.
You dont get it do you? Everything HAS to be binary. So fat/sell, now its can't play 90mins. Irrespective of wether there is an alternative tactical squad management answer. He didn't look happy at being subbed against city. He imho looked up for giving Rodri another going over. However one of tge things I like most about Jose and I'm not a fanboy is how he decides. There is no blinking when it comes to making a call:Locelso needs mins,Kane needs a rest, Bale is not starting... Admirable certainty.

No he hypothetical may not have setteled in England as Maradona did in not in Spain it can happen even with a bicentennial talent...seems obvious to me you really do take a simple statement and reinterpret it to whatever axe your grinding. 🤔
No axe to grind, I’ve said several times Ndombele proved me wrong.

Just feels like your entire disagreement with me is based on a timeline.
Everything I said last season is wrong due to him being so good etc etc and injuries etc etc, and confidence etc etc and a generational talent etc etc.....

Yet, give it 12 months, and you agree that he should be sold if he was equally poor.

Basically reneging in all your arguments

No axe to grind, I’ve said several times Ndombele proved me wrong.

Just feels like your entire disagreement with me is based on a timeline.
Everything I said last season is wrong due to him being so good etc etc and injuries etc etc, and confidence etc etc and a generational talent etc etc.....

Yet, give it 12 months, and you agree that he should be sold if he was equally poor.

Basically reneging in all your arguments
Nah I said hypothetically had the same circumstances applied (whilst acknowledging they could not as he had already moved country)then cutting our losses after two seasons would be at least reasonable. Id have been loathed to do that. I think Don Levy would have been from the documentary.
He seems to be surprising some but honestly Sammy I am totally not supprised. My shock was we signed him. I thought he was a cert for Barca Madrid Bayern City. I don't get why Fraudiola didn't spunk the Jihadi money. Off my head I think he is our revolutionary signing can't recall us buy a player already as close to world class as him? I watched him kill City three times in 18 months , and Barca and Liverpool. The idea he suddenly couldn't adjust seemed crazy. People are complex however and we just needed to let the kid find his way here.

Ahhh come on I thought we were done with the fat jokes

:troll:
giphy.gif

Pochs boot camp fucked him up last year, this year they're doing an epic job with him. IMO.

Playing beautifully, his timing of release makes things look so simple, because often his movement prior has been world class. Lovely player in great form.

This guy will gut Chelsea, cut through their middle again and again. He's ready.

Sweet merciful christ, what an absolute brain dead idiot of a man. Genuinely thick as pig shit.

To this day when I remember this imbecile was our manager for 6 months I feel physically ill.
Really didn’t like deadwood as a player and I couldn’t believe it when he became the manager. Having him on the coaching staff was unbearable enough.

To this day I cringe when I see that someone has a deadwood avatar or makes use of his smiley.

Just hate everything about him.

Back
Top Bottom