Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Really didn’t like deadwood as a player and I couldn’t believe it when he became the manager. Having him on the coaching staff was unbearable enough.

To this day I cringe when I see that someone has a deadwood avatar or makes use of his smiley.

Just hate everything about him.
The fact that he was in charge of our academy and played an active role in our recruitment for so many seasons is nauseating.

Not sure I agree with your assessment of Dembele. He was an unplayable beast and a vital cog in our best sustained period since the 60’s. Sure he may not have won anything but neither has Kane yet.
Like many, I am a big fan of Dembele. I was disheartened when I first discovered his departure. Even at 31, I thought he was our best midfielder (even with Eriksen around) and brought something none we had can replace. He chose to join a lesser league, which someone pointed may due to his aim to prolong his career with a weakened body.
As I always said to my mates, Dembele and Modric make my midfield in my Spurs Premier League all time eleven.

Ah, the stereotypical "He's black so he must be a powerful one who breaks play up"
Racial bias in a nutshell. I don’t think he’s being malicious, just painfully ignorant

Ndombele is arguably the best passer we have. Some of the things he pulls off and the vision he demonstrates is phenomenal. To compare him to Sissoko is utterly ridiculous.

Sherwood should be subjected to the gauntlet of shame for that one.

Like many, I am a big fan of Dembele. I was disheartened when I first discovered his departure. Even at 31, I thought he was our best midfielder (even with Eriksen around) and brought something none we had can replace. He chose to join a lesser league, which someone pointed may due to his aim to prolong his career with a weakened body.
As I always said to my mates, Dembele and Modric make my midfield in my Spurs Premier League all time eleven.
Yea i've always put Dembele and Modric together in my dream midfield. Tanguy is working his way into that now.

I think we were offered good money for Dembele and he didn't have long on his contract left, so Levy took the money.

It's no coincidence that we struggled for the next 6-9 months after he left. He was our go-to-guy, we gave the ball to him under pressure and he would work his magic. Tanguy is becoming that guy now. He just offers more in the attacking third, but not quite as much defensively.

Racial bias in a nutshell. I don’t think he’s being malicious, just painfully ignorant

Ndombele is arguably the best passer we have. Some of the things he pulls off and the vision he demonstrates is phenomenal. To compare him to Sissoko is utterly ridiculous.

I agree with everything you've said there, but in Tim's defence, he's a bit of a simpleton. And, also, to be fair, Ndombele is very strong for his height. It seems it's almost as hard to get the ball off him as it was with Dembele, who was 3 inches (7.5cm) taller . That's a great trait to have.

*note the 'almost'. No one is quite like Moussa, who was a tank and took the piss with his shoulder-drops, turns and hand-offs. Alternatively, Tanguy takes the piss with his close control, mis-direction (not sure how to categorise the way he shrugs people off) and vision. Him and Kane are the main creative players at the moment. It's a joy to watch. He's definitely living up to the expectations I had (he was the only player I REALLLY wanted to get in last season). Honestly, I did worry he'd do an Adebayor, but I kept the faith and he's deliverd, fair play to him.

All this makes me wonder, where does our form come from? Is it man-management or tactical genius? Is José world-class at both? I guess we'll find out this Sunday. Bring it on!

COYS!

I agree with everything you've said there, but in Tim's defence, he's a bit of a simpleton. And, also, to be fair, Ndombele is very strong for his height. It seems it's almost as hard to get the ball off him as it was with Dembele, who was 3 inches (7.5cm) taller . That's a great trait to have.

*note the 'almost'. No one is quite like Moussa, who was a tank and took the piss with his shoulder-drops, turns and hand-offs. Alternatively, Tanguy takes the piss with his close control, mis-direction (not sure how to categorise the way he shrugs people off) and vision. Him and Kane are the main creative players at the moment. It's a joy to watch. He's definitely living up to the expectations I had (he was the only player I REALLLY wanted to get in last season). Honestly, I did worry he'd do an Adebayor, but I kept the faith and he's deliverd, fair play to him.

All this makes me wonder, where does our form come from? Is it man-management or tactical genius? Is José world-class at both? I guess we'll find out this Sunday. Bring it on!

COYS!
Well ok, but how do you explain this crap about Lamela’s creativity?

COYS!
It's great N'Dombele is proving many of us wrong - including myself! Hopefully he can keep it up. And you've got to give Jose credit for his man management. At one stage Tanguy didn't look interested.

I would say Kane is marginally our best passer but then again Kane is a freak however Ndombele is right up there with him. Ndombele is beautiful to watch though, the way he turns and spins and pings the ball around, sheer class.

I’ll say it again: PROGRAMMING IS A MOTHERFUCKER.

Although I don’t even think Tactics Dim Sherwood is showing unconscious bias here; he’s just happens to be that clueless. Honestly he could say the Sky is blue and I’d immediately be filled with doubt.
For me he’s in the category of pundit that dose zero homework on the teams he talks about.

As a manager he was found out as a chancer.

I will always acknowledge the work he did with our academy though, how the team play is irrelevant so long as the individual players develop. Why he doesn’t go back and do this again I don’t know.

For me he’s in the category of pundit that dose zero homework on the teams he talks about.

As a manager he was found out as a chancer.

I will always acknowledge the work he did with our academy though, how the team play is irrelevant so long as the individual players develop. Why he doesn’t go back and do this again I don’t know.
That’s the paradox really, he seems like such an idiot but Quite a few players he was in charge of became Players who could play in the top couple of tiers minimum, raising extra funds for the club. And of course big H. was that generation just that talented and it was a coincidence that he was in charge?

That’s the paradox really, he seems like such an idiot but Quite a few players he was in charge of became Players who could play in the top couple of tiers minimum, raising extra funds for the club. And of course big H. was that generation just that talented and it was a coincidence that he was in charge?
Really hard to pinpoint from our perspective but there was a lot of other very talented coaches working at the academy other than him but feel it’s unfair to diminish what happened at the academy whilst he was there.

Back
Top Bottom