Tottenham Hotspur v. LASK || Europa League Group Stage 03.12.2020

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A lot of people here being blinded by the Joe Hart performance.

Almost everyone else was shit.
Sanchez does behind Tanganga in the pecking order now. Honestly I don't know who would pay 10 million for him anymore.

Team looked like they were on drugs. Couldn't control the ball, pass it, lost so many tackles.

Jose got the tactics wrong in the sense that the style we want to play requires a focal point for wide players to run. Son can't be that focal point. Should have played Bale through the middle, Lucas right and Son left. Lucas can't play left side. Totally anonymous, waste of space there.
Throwing on too many defenders which means they all leave it to each other. We just needed to keep the ball in forward areas.

Lessons learnt in the team that everyone has wanted to see. Swap Kane for Lucas and you have the midfield and striker line up everyone wanted. But we bypassed the midfield by playing direct. Defensively didn't look right either. Right channel with Lo Celso there caused us trouble, Bale doesn't track enough and I think we would need Sissoko there to babysit the right back if Bale plays RW.

I couldn't watch it all earlier something cam up and I only watched the first 15 minutes and last 10 so am watching it again now, have got to 55 minutes and I think structurally and personnel wise you've hit at least a couple of nails square on the head there.

The biggest problem was that forward line was just so fucking flimsy, bumbly and disconnected. As you say, Son as the fulcrum 9 is insipid and offers no presence, robustness and show for the ball, hold up play we get from Kane (or even Vinicius - where was he tonight?) Bale has always been fucking lazy without the ball (which has already allowed them a 1v1 first half) but is pretty peripheral even when we have it, and Moura's Moura - pinging about like a human pin ball most of the time with very little intelligence .

Also Doherty in a back four just looks bad every time, why we bought a sluggish RWB to play in a back four system is baffling.

And we are going to play PEH/GLC/Nd - why the fuck can't we just try and play a 433 and have Lo Celso and Ndombele as 8's off a central Hojbjerg doing a simpler more positionally disciplined remit?

As you said, Bale as the false 9 might have worked better, and put Son as the wide forward, he's better cutting in feeding off a central fulcrum, and would also have worked his flank a bit harder.

If we are going to play a 4231 again, then lets rest Ndombele, and give Alli a start (and 60 minutes or so) in the ACM as well. I don't love Alli, but Ndombele is becoming more and more pivotal to our league performances as he's the only one of the three midfielders we are playing who has any press resistance or ability to pass the ball with incision.

Got out of jail so just need to hope they turn up for Sunday and Jose will go strong on Thursday. No way he wants a hard game next round.
Go strong with nobody but the 2nd stringers. The team that played against Ludo. Let them gel as a unit, get playing time in, and play like they care because they won't have an eye on the PL game upcoming, and they won't be tired out from having played against Woolwich. I think the second string have a good chance of winning. But more to the point, the Antwerp game just isn't nearly as important as the Crystal Palace game on its heels. In fact, I'd argue the Palace game is about 20x as important given we are trying to win the whole freakin' league, and the Antwerp game is merely about which pot we get in the second-rate EL.

I think José wanted to see how Ndombele and Lo Celso worked in tandem.

I don’t think we’ll see them together for a while. I prefer Ndombele in midfield fwiw - which isn’t much.

But I think they could work if he (Mou) actually played a 433 with Lo Celso and Ndombele either side, pivoting off a disciplined central Hojbjerg. But for some reason he seems hell bent on shoe horning them into a 4231.

No, he is Tactical Genius Tactical Genius . But in all seriousness, what is the point of calling someone an idiot for their view of what is happening?

Seriously, we are all here for the same reasons. We all have different views. Enjoy it.
Perhaps calling yourself a tactical genius when you are clearly not is reason enough to call a poster an idiot?

Also when you use the spellings - Ndonmbo and Celso - you're also going to be called an idiot.

So... sod off and hug a tree elsewhere.

My final thoughts on the match:

Sometimes as humans we take things for granted because it’s in our DNA. The Spurs players took Lask for granted as was Mou with the non experiment lineup he put out. You could sense that because there was direct threat (goal) after they scored the first and when they tied the match 2-2 and when they tied it 3-3 with the Dele chance at the end.

All in all, all to blame for simply turning up atrocious, in hope it was just that we took them for granted after our awesome run in the PL.

I guess we’ll find our answers soon.

Me though no longer a fan of Celso, just don’t quote me as an idiot cuz I don’t reply to idiots. They can continue to bark while I walk, though.

But I think they could work if he (Mou) actually played a 433 with Lo Celso and Ndombele either side, pivoting off a disciplined central Hojbjerg. But for some reason he seems hell bent on shoe horning them into a 4231.
Yes, they could work, but that’s the manager’s problem, and my feeling is that he’s not going to waste too much time trying to solve it at the moment.

Perhaps calling yourself a tactical genius when you are clearly not is reason enough to call a poster an idiot?

Also when you use the spellings - Ndonmbo and Celso - you're also going to be called an idiot.

So... sod off and hug a tree elsewhere.

Nah, I'll hug your tree, it sounds stiff right now. That hard-on you get from being such a tough guy gives me something to grasp ahold of, cause as of right now, I need something to hold.

So are you a bag boy at the corner store or do you take inventory at Tesco?

Just finished watching the game, how on earth did we scrape a point? Absolutely awful. Did any player deserve more than a 5? Dreadful. Doherty, Sanchez and Hart the standout shit performers. A tough watch.

Back
Top Bottom