Tottenham Hotspur v. LASK || Europa League Group Stage 03.12.2020

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Joe Hart really channelled his inner Paul Robinson tonight, so fucking heavy on his feet, we were pretty fucking shit, but he threw all three of their goals in our net. The second was diabolical particularly.
Not Sissoko’s fault then as you said on the Match thread?

The fringe players should be busting a bollock to impress in these games. In fact all of the players should, if selected, be busting a bollock in every game! It is their job to entertain and win. I get that we may be top of the pile in the PL but I wouldn’t place a big bet on us staying there. Jose will want to win everything available. He doesn’t pick and choose his competitions and he will be gunning for some silverware this season. I get what you say about player fatigue for the likes of NDombele & Hojberg but there was a lack of interest throughout the team. All will be forgotten when we trounce the gooners on Sunday, but there appears to be a lingering blasé attitude towards these “lesser” games. We’ve even huffed and puffed in the league against teams we should be beating with plenty left in the tank - if we are serious title contenders.
Our record against other top 6 teams has improved dramatically, but we are still a long way off the levels of consistency needed to make the long haul. These “lesser games” will, in my opinion, define our season. Huff and puff through too many of them and we will absolutely need the whole squad. The second string, as good as it looks on paper, should not be struggling to contain a bang average team from Austria

It comes down to mentality of the squad. The clubs that win title/silverware consistently (consistently being the key and not one offs) have a winning mentality and understand what it takes to win. They usually have players as well as managers who have won stuff and know what it takes to always drive for a result. I think we still have a squad that is a mixture of personalities and winning mentality will need to be taught, instilled, or forced. Once they experience a win, they will know what it takes in the future seasons.

Why are people questioning and over analysing GLC as to where he should play and so on. He was great for us last season. Games where his come on as sub this season his had an impact I think city, Burnley and wba. Last two we 0-0 when he came on. Not saying he changed the course of the game but he certainly offers something. Everyone was slagging if ndombele last season and now his first name on the team sheet and last it was GLC. I rated both before we bought them and think they will be great spurs players in the typical spurs entertains and skilful players we have always had. In fact didn’t GLc do a great sliding tackle yday on some and so did ndombele. Both I think actually tackle more than sissoko! Quality players always help and they are both quality. Just need the manager to let them loose.

Not Sissoko’s fault then as you said on the Match thread?

Sissoko was dopey for their third, he just stands and watches as their guy passes the ball to the bloke who scored. Just because Hart's a lardy line hugger who can't move doesn't give everyone a free pass to do shit stuff. It's not Sissoko's fault that Hart is a shit keeper, but it's his fault he just ambles about and lets it get to where it gets. It's just typical Sissoko stuff that happens every week. Shuffle shuffle point point.

Sissoko was dopey for their third, he just stands and watches as their guy passes the ball to the bloke who scored. Just because Hart's a lardy line hugger who can't move doesn't give everyone a free pass to do shit stuff. It's not Sissoko's fault that Hart is a shit keeper, but it's his fault he just ambles about and lets it get to where it gets. It's just typical Sissoko stuff that happens every week. Shuffle shuffle point point.
Well why haven’t you said anything before???

Back
Top Bottom