Joe Hart

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

only just seen the goals from yesterday. Not sure why everyone seems to be slating Hart? The second goal he should have saved but the other two were well placed cant really blame him in my view.

The first goal was a shocker. Look at how slow he is to get down. And it was clearly a specific ploy to shoot low and to his left. They hit the post before that too. City fans will tell you the same, he can't get down to low shots on his left hand side. In his last league start for Burnley he let in a thirty yarder against Everton low down to his left. Now compare that with Lloris' save from Mount, who hit the ball harder and from closer in. If Hart had been in goal we lose that game. Can't let this guy start in the league or difficult cup games as his weakness is too well known now.

There is a lot of video of Hart and Gazza in training and I just can't see why any coach would say "Hart is the clear number 2". Gazza has quicker movements, is more agile at this point in their career, and has a nice right foot on him.

Never understood the move especially since we still have Gazza. There has to be a plan to move the Argentinian this January because why else would we buy Hart?

There is a lot of video of Hart and Gazza in training and I just can't see why any coach would say "Hart is the clear number 2". Gazza has quicker movements, is more agile at this point in their career, and has a nice right foot on him.

Never understood the move especially since we still have Gazza. There has to be a plan to move the Argentinian this January because why else would we buy Hart?
Its clearly financial but Jose will get burned with this Gazzaniga is at this point a way better keeper.

I think Mourinho likes big characters in his dressing room, especially ones who have won things in the past.

Hart is a HUGE personality who has the experience of winning things - he even said as much in one of his first interviews when signing. How he can hopefully pass that knowledge and stuff onto the squad etc.

Personally, I don't think there's much between Hart and Gazzaniga. Especially after witnessing Gazza as our number 1 at times last season.

only just seen the goals from yesterday. Not sure why everyone seems to be slating Hart? The second goal he should have saved but the other two were well placed cant really blame him in my view.
Its just easier for alot of fans to blame hart even though he had 10 outfield players a few of them fan favourites having absolute shockers against very weak opposition

I think Mourinho likes big characters in his dressing room, especially ones who have won things in the past.

Hart is a HUGE personality who has the experience of winning things - he even said as much in one of his first interviews when signing. How he can hopefully pass that knowledge and stuff onto the squad etc.

Personally, I don't think there's much between Hart and Gazzaniga. Especially after witnessing Gazza as our number 1 at times last season.
Hart isn't great but Gazza let us down in multiple games too. Home to Chelsea and away to utd off the top of my head he made awful mistakes. I don't think the difference between Hart and Gazza is large enough to merit a non hg place in the squad personally.

Its just easier for alot of fans to blame hart even though he had 10 outfield players a few of them fan favourites having absolute shockers against very weak opposition
I get what you’re saying but I don’t want Hart in goal on Sunday

I get what you’re saying but I don’t want Hart in goal on Sunday
He had a good first half up until the first goal. Should of saved 1st and 2nd in my opinion
I don't think he is terrible and don't think gazza is any better

But if we are going on last nights performances and what jose has done to players not performing lo celso,doherty,lucas and sanchez shouldn't be in the squad at all for sunday

There seems to be players that get a pass on here or excuses and players that get targeted very easily its not good to read it makes us look like Woolwich

Nothing to do with you i shall add

Yes I get it but IMO neither Gazza or Hart are up to it and we need strengthening badly in this position

Mrs P fancies Gazza so that’s decided then!!

Wow.

1 bad game and some of you fickle fucks want to lynch Hart. If you'd bothered watching any of this season, you'd know that Hart has done well in general.

Opposition fans are right, we are fickle as fuck, and it's boring.

Y'all shut the fuck up

Wow.

1 bad game and some of you fickle fucks want to lynch Hart. If you'd bothered watching any of this season, you'd know that Hart has done well in general.

Opposition fans are right, we are fickle as fuck, and it's boring.

Y'all shut the fuck up
Agreed.

On the plus side, that people are melting over our 2/3 keeper situation is probably a good sign.

Been saying Gazziniga is better since start of this season and got slated on here.
Hart is apparently good in the dressing room, helps our home grown and was cheapish re wages - all great attributes.
None of this mean diddly squat when he puts his boots on.
Hope if lloris is out Paulo starts the NLD.

Been saying Gazziniga is better since start of this season and got slated on here.
Hart is apparently good in the dressing room, helps our home grown and was cheapish re wages - all great attributes.
None of this mean diddly squat when he puts his boots on.
Hope if lloris is out Paulo starts the NLD.
So are you saying if gazziniga played thursday we win the game? Even though we had 10 outfield players all trying to put in the worst performance ever

So are you saying if gazziniga played thursday we win the game? Even though we had 10 outfield players all trying to put in the worst performance ever
Not at all.
What I am saying is in the moments when it mattered as an individual he made some mistakes which make me question his physical capabilities and technique as a player.
He did some good things - his save coming out 1v1 on their left wing back comes to mind.
However, GK is a funny position - you are judged on moments far more than outfielders.
His slowness going low and left was glaring and the second goal was entirely his mistake.
And guess what, I’ve criticised bale too, his pass to Son for a tap in was a atrocious, I don’t have a hart vendetta, he just isn’t a better player than Paulo - i was and am still confused as to why he is number two...

What I don't get is why he didn't go both arms for their second goal. He just extends one arm.
If you watch it again in slow mo you’ll see it hits his wrist/forearm - he actually extends his arm too far.
Admittedly ball was dipping wickedly but those are the type of shots you just put your whole body in the way of - he had the angle covered just wasn’t quick enough re positioning.

The first goal was a shocker. Look at how slow he is to get down. And it was clearly a specific ploy to shoot low and to his left. They hit the post before that too. City fans will tell you the same, he can't get down to low shots on his left hand side. In his last league start for Burnley he let in a thirty yarder against Everton low down to his left. Now compare that with Lloris' save from Mount, who hit the ball harder and from closer in. If Hart had been in goal we lose that game. Can't let this guy start in the league or difficult cup games as his weakness is too well known now.

Yeah they hit the post, but do we expect our goalkeeper to get his hand to shots that hit the post or go right inside the post? Typically shots of that quality/luck are unsavable. The first shot as well as being right inside the post was at an awkward height and had an unusual trajectory. Some keepers might save that on occation but it would go past many. It just wasn't that bad frankly.

That said, maybe you are right about him having a weakness on his left hand side, I haven't looked into that.

Back
Top Bottom