Joe Hart

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If you watch it again in slow mo you’ll see it hits his wrist/forearm - he actually extends his arm too far.
Admittedly ball was dipping wickedly but those are the type of shots you just put your whole body in the way of - he had the angle covered just wasn’t quick enough re positioning.
Maybe, but it looked to me like he thought he could take it with one hand and fucked up.

Yeah they hit the post, but do we expect our goalkeeper to get his hand to shots that hit the post or go right inside the post? Typically shots of that quality/luck are unsavable. The first shot as well as being right inside the post was at an awkward height and had an unusual trajectory. Some keepers might save that on occation but it would go past many. It just wasn't that bad frankly.

That said, maybe you are right about him having a weakness on his left hand side, I haven't looked into that.

The left hand side issue has been known about for a while, this is from a couple of years ago:

I think Mourinho likes big characters in his dressing room, especially ones who have won things in the past.

Hart is a HUGE personality who has the experience of winning things - he even said as much in one of his first interviews when signing. How he can hopefully pass that knowledge and stuff onto the squad etc.

Personally, I don't think there's much between Hart and Gazzaniga. Especially after witnessing Gazza as our number 1 at times last season.

Yeah, that is definitely the story we are getting from the rumor mill. I get the need for leaders, it's just the management that doesn't make sense to me.

Comparible keepers that seem redundant and I hope in Jan we sell Gazza.

Didn't realise there were so many professional goalies on this forum thinking they're able to offer technical advice on goalkeeping.

🤔
Great feedback mate.
We all watch football, I’ve seen plenty of average, good and great GKs - my money is a pro GK would be more scathing than us.
And whilst you didn’t realise we were gk’ing experts, I always knew you were a cunt.
Jog on keyboard warrior.

Great feedback mate.
We all watch football, I’ve seen plenty of average, good and great GKs - my money is a pro GK would be more scathing than us.
And whilst you didn’t realise we were gk’ing experts, I always knew you were a cunt.
Jog on keyboard warrior.

Calm down, professor goalie. Over reaction much. Just because I think you (and others) are OTT on this topic, doesn't mean I disagree with you on everything

But if you want to bring things down to that level, I ain't got time for that shit.

Bin vote cast. You're welcome.

Oh, and don't call me 'mate'. You're not my mate.

Last edited:
Calm down, professor goalie. Over reaction much. Just because I think you (and others) are OTT on this topic, doesn't mean I disagree with you on everything

But if you want to bring things down to that level, I ain't got time for that shit.

Bin vote cast. You're welcome.

Oh, and don't call me 'mate'. You're not my mate.
Oh no, not a bin vote.
You sound like the nerd in kindergarten dobbing on the other kids for saying ‘shit’.
We were having a decent discussion on what WE think of Hart’s performance, until you butted in acting like a know it all.
It’s like saying you cant comment on being a fan unless your a professional one, can’t comment on being sick unless you’re a doctor and so on and so forth.
Your point didn’t add to the convo, it just made you look like a prick.
I call a spade a spade ‘mate’.

Oh no, not a bin vote.
You sound like the nerd in kindergarten dobbing on the other kids for saying ‘shit’.
We were having a decent discussion on what WE think of Hart’s performance, until you butted in acting like a know it all.
It’s like saying you cant comment on being a fan unless your a professional one, can’t comment on being sick unless you’re a doctor and so on and so forth.
Your point didn’t add to the convo, it just made you look like a prick.
I call a spade a spade ‘mate’.

The only one looking like that here is you fella. I calla spade a spade too... You gooner.

😊 Adios

Last edited:
Hope he doesn't play tomorrow.

I could handle it if he flapped at crosses. Or came off his line too eagerly occasionally. Or launched every back pass into the stands. But it's worse than that, he consistently can't save straight forward shots. His extremely steep decline is very strange. But that's what it is.

Hope he doesn't play tomorrow.

I could handle it if he flapped at crosses. Or came off his line too eagerly occasionally. Or launched every back pass into the stands. But it's worse than that, he consistently can't save straight forward shots. His extremely steep decline is very strange. But that's what it is.
It is a steep decline indeed, he was close to world class at one stage. Weird.

Well it is easy to look back in retrospect but there was only 1 save that Lloris made that I would have been concerned Hart could miss. lloris was much better protected than Hart last thursday. Still glad Lloris was there.

Back
Top Bottom