Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m a big fan of Gio, but have to admit that in the last couple of games he hasn’t really performed that well. I wonder if his approach and skill set doesn’t really fit into Jose’s style and strategic approach. I suspect that Eriksen wouldn’t either.
They both tend to be the pace that moves the ball from the AM through to the strikers and it seems that with highly defensive nature of our play right now and the long balls and Kane playing deep then Gio is largely redundant.
I reckon Gio was listening to us!

Not really he did well in spells and was quiet in others. That’s pretty much his whole Spurs career summed up.

but as usual certain supporters will fall over themselves. Ignore the poor the opposition, ignore his poor league form and then throw a tantrum when he starts on the bench again in the league.

It's called giving credit where it's due.... Normal people, and of course supporters, tend to do this.

Miserable cunt.

Love the fact it was him defending our cornerflag in the final minutes.... Man on a mission.... That's a man fighting for his next start, right there!

Last edited:
What I am starting to like about Gio is how he is gradually getting more and more into scoring positions. A common trait of elite attacking midfielders.

the one player who started tonight and really went for it! some of his passing was iffy but hes clearly not in form...he will get there tho and efforts like tonight only do him, and us well!

What I am starting to like about Gio is how he is gradually getting more and more into scoring positions. A common trait of elite attacking midfielders.
He might honestly be preferable as a RW over Lucas as the backup to Bergwijn. The second time now he's made that run outside of Kane, and slotted it home comfortably.

Back
Top Bottom