Spurs v Liverpool 16 Dec 20:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Salad had one which started from Kane’s mistake. And Mane hit the side net around 75-80 minute if I recall correctly.
So they had 3 good chances and we had 4 (Sonny's goal, Stevie's 2 and Harry's).

This was the point I was responding to...

Mate we did not go today to toe with them, they loaded football and we just got behind ghe ball and didn't even try to take them on.

Fact is we did try and take it to them and created more good chances.

We got unlucky, it happens.

They barely have any injuries. Watch Mourinho's press conference.

How are people still falling for Klopp's lies in 2020?
I mean they definitely do have some injuries. Gomez + VVD are their two main centre backs, their most in form attacker Jota also injured and Keita/Ox have been on and off injured for ages.

They still put out a strng team tonight but they had two youngsters while we had essentially no injuries.

People are missing the fact that you have to be efficient with your finishing playing like we do.
Incredibly we have so far, but as you can see from the stats, 2 shots on target isn't normally enough when you are chasing a result.

I don't know when the last game was, finding ourselves 1 down. Maybe Antwerp?

xG and shots on target can be misleading particularly if we are up in the game.

Mate we did not go today to toe with them, they loaded football and we just got behind ghe ball and didn't even try to take them on.

Simplistic way of looking at it though.

Their opening goal wasn't a good chance for example, yet it still went in.

Liverpool won the game. That's all that matters.

We are now 3 points behind with some tricky games coming up and are likely to be 3rd and 6 points off top by the time we next play.

Our goal difference was something I hoped would help us if we ever fell behind, but even that is diminishing.

Look, say Harry had Firminhoed that header into the net and we'd held on for three points. Would you all be saying we were nailed on to win the league? You'd have been fools if that were the case. On the Liverpool, City, Leicester, Everton, West Ham and so forth boards their fans would rightly be saying we're barely a quarter way through the season. Lets see where we are in February.

Try to get a grip everyone

If anyone said we would be 2nd at this point, 3 points behind the leaders at the start of the season i would have taken it. It feels worse because we conceded from a set piece right that the end of the game. Plenty of games to go, lets see how we get on..

coys!

0l

Because of the way we lost it. And we are not top. And that was THE six pointer.
And did I mention the way we lost it?
A six pointer how?

Pool will drop points.

So will we.

So will other teams around us.

Loads of football left to play.

Will be ups and downs and VAR and everything else.

We're gonna be in the title mix come Christmas.

We're competitive and look like we can sustain a run at it.

Life is good.

Lol can’t believe you’re counting our goal as a ‘chance’. It was borderline offside and we unusually exploited Liverpool’s high line with Son’s pace.
If we counting goals then why not add Liverpool’s 2 as chances?

Simplistic way of looking at it though.

Their opening goal wasn't a good chance for example, yet it still went in.

Liverpool won the game. That's all that matters.

We are now 3 points behind with some tricky games coming up and are likely to be 3rd and 6 points off top by the time we next play.

Our goal difference was something I hoped would help us if we ever fell behind, but even that is diminishing.
Nothing you're saying here is disagreeing with my point.

We both had about the same number of good chances. They took theirs and we didn't take ours.

A loss is an unlucky result based upon the balance of play.

People are missing the fact that you have to be efficient with your finishing playing like we do.
Incredibly we have so far, but as you can see from the stats, 2 shots on target isn't normally enough when you are chasing a result.

I don't know when the last game was, finding ourselves 1 down. Maybe Antwerp?

2 shots on target doesn’t mean two chances though does it? We had 5 golden chances in this game and only put one away. It was a strangely wasteful showing from Kane but he will bury the next one.

For me the most frustrating thing is the two goals we’ve conceded in the last matches, two crosses where we didn’t challenge. That has to stop because its our only weakness. Teams are creating naff all with the ball on the ground.

Mourinho not at fault for this, we could have EASILY won had the players been more clinical. Simple as that, I thought we defended well - especially in the second half. Extremely unlucky today.

One thing that keeps re-occcuring this season are setpieces. If there's anything Mourinho should work on, its those. literally EVERY single game we've lost points this season is because of conceding from set pieces. EVERY SINGLE loss/draw

And it's in the last 5 minutes of games. Either its focus due to tiredness or just switching off and an early bath but we are throwing away points. 0-80mins we head everything away

A six pointer how?

Pool will drop points.

So will we.

So will other teams around us.

Loads of football left to play.

Will be ups and downs and VAR and everything else.

We're gonna be in the title mix come Christmas.

We're competitive and look like we can sustain a run at it.

Life is good.
Yep.
but anyway... show me a good loser and I’ll show you a loser.

It’s funny, we keep getting results we don’t deserve against City and we keep losing to Liverpool when we deserve a result. Bloody football.

I take your point, but we deserved our win against City. We rendered them toothless..... Pep got schooled.

Once Gio picks up a card he's always on borrowed time. You could tell from the look on Jose's face that it wasn't a change he wanted to make.
Always thought n'dombele would come on for him anyway so wasn't worried. It sure why it was for Lucus "rabbit in headlights" moura.

Back
Top Bottom