Spurs vs Leicester City 20 Dec 14:15

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Might work with Lo Celso on the right wing, wish Jose would have a go at that.

Having Lo Celso on the Right wing would provide more opportunities to Son & Kane and he defends well too.
Jose actually moved Lo Celso out to the RM position in the beginning of the second half against Liverpool.
I wouldn't bet against him trying it again, the yellow card forced his substitution.

Harry Kane is as motivated for Leicester as he is for Woolwich and Chavs. He has actually scored 15 goals in all comps vs the Foxes. 4 times he has scored a brace or more. 1 time he scored 4 goals.

This game is absolutely massive.

I just went looking for "yuuuuuge" gifs.....

I found this instead:

96b2092c42dcca4634f30ce92bdab55b.gif

:akabusi:

I think Reggie should get more time and Stevie B should be the one to make way for him. Reggie is not a natural goal scorer but with Sonny and Kane you just need someone to get the ball up there.
Here comes a bit of heresy (as he's currently flavour of the month)...
I reckon the problem with Reguilon has been that although he gets the ball up there, more often than not, it goes nowhere, except maybe backwards. In fact recently he's started to look like a left wing clone of Winksie. I'd be amazed if Mourinho isn't getting him to work on sharp, quick crosses into the box, because that's where he's lacking. When Jose reads this, he'll probably say, "Ah yes, I need to do that with heeem." (in a Portuguese accent)

Once he gets that right, he'll be perfect. And I'm still in love with him, by the way.

Leicester's away form is superb. They have had some very good results on the road.

Best way to stop them is leave no room behind the defenders. Vardy is a pace merchant. Stop the over the top ball and he'll struggle. Hojbjerg to sit on Maddison and Ndombele will have the running of that midfield.

Here comes a bit of heresy (as he's currently flavour of the month)...
I reckon the problem with Reguilon has been that although he gets the ball up there, more often than not, it goes nowhere, except maybe backwards. In fact recently he's started to look like a left wing clone of Winksie. I'd be amazed if Mourinho isn't getting him to work on sharp, quick crosses into the box, because that's where he's lacking. When Jose reads this, he'll probably say, "Ah yes, I need to do that with heeem." (in a Portuguese accent)

Once he gets that right, he'll be perfect. And I'm still in love with him, by the way.
I see what you're saying, regui has been huffing and puffing but not blowing anything away.

I don't see what Mourinho sees in Davies, but he reeeally likes him. Given the work he's done on Dier and Aurier, you have to trust that Mourinho will get the best out of him too.

I see what you're saying, regui has been huffing and puffing but not blowing anything away.

I don't see what Mourinho sees in Davies, but he reeeally likes him. Given the work he's done on Dier and Aurier, you have to trust that Mourinho will get the best out of him too.
I think Jose sees Davies as dependable, reliable and solid - by & large, so do I - and he mixes it up a bit too. Lobbing the ball up towards their box occasionally, crossing it forwards from the half way line, etc. I don't see Reguilon doing that. Currently he's, dare I say it, a bit of a one-trick-pony. Great skills, yes. Masses of energy and enthusiasm, yes. Incredible workrate and devotion to duty, yes.

I reckon a blend of the best bits of Reg & Ben would be perfect.

How depressing.
but according to some people, us dropping points against Palace was no big deal cos Chelsea and Liverpool also dropped some points.

It's always better for us and Liverpool and Chelsea to get 3 points all of drop the 3 points. At least it keeps Leicester, Southampton etc from closing the gap.

I agree he seems reluctant to play both. I'd like to see us go and play some football outplaythem then bring on sisokko etc and be passive once we're 3-0 up. I'm still pissed off with last night if I'm honest and it's probably wise not to change too much. I'd definitely want to see tanguy start and somebody ahead of bergwijn.

I've got bad news for you.

Bergwijn's eligible for this one.

but according to some people, us dropping points against Palace was no big deal cos Chelsea and Liverpool also dropped some points.

It's always better for us and Liverpool and Chelsea to get 3 points all of drop the 3 points. At least it keeps Leicester, Southampton etc from closing the gap.

Of course a win is always preferable... That was never the point being argued and it's disingenuous to suggest otherwise.

-----------------Lloris---------------
--Doherty--Rodon--Dier--Reg--
--Ndombele--Hojberg--GOAT--
----Lucas-----Kane-----Son------

Simple and smart rotation for this.

4-1 or 4-0, hopefully.
Lucas should be nowhere near the starting line up after he's last 2 appearance's.

It feels like a defining moment in the campaign - how do we bounce back? Not sure if Bergwijn should be dropped or not, I don’t want to crush his confidence. I would prefer the jammiest goal, involving a deflection or two then he can miss a few games and not dwell on just having cost the team some points.

Is the Stoke game on Wednesday night bigger than this? Definitely an easier route to a trophy...

Back
Top Bottom