Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Still out for Sunday. Same shit happens every season, start the season on the fringes of the team, does pretty well, gets a knock in autumn, dissapears until the spring, does ok when he come back and we all think he's still a player. Seems like a good bloke, gives his all, decent enough player but enough is enough. No point having a squad player that is never fit when you need your squad in the busy winter period. We need to move him on and get someone that can play more than 30% of games a season.

Yep 100%

Of course he can be useful but with such poor levels of availability what is the point?

Time to move him on, get someone hopefully as useful but crucially who provides the team with an option 80% of the time or more.

The love-in with Lamela I kind of understand but it's steeped in heart over head material.

Last edited:
I doubt his salary is a big deal. He offers more to the team than Dele, Winks and Lucas even in his comparatively limited minutes.
This site has him down for £80k pw.
So keeping him at the club would cost us from January 2021-June 2022 about £9 mill.
He made 35 apps in each of the previous 2 seasons and has made 10 this season so far.
Potential 42 :rolleyes: more games this season after today's game.

This site has him down for £80k pw.
So keeping him at the club would cost us from January 2021-June 2022 about £9 mill.
He made 35 apps in each of the previous 2 seasons and has made 10 this season so far.
Potential 42 :rolleyes: more games this season after today's game.

We are paying Bale three times that to be an unused sub in league matches.

Perhaps 'cult hero' for me rather than legend.

I absolutely love the effort he brings, the shithousery, sometimes even the quality. (He's done some outrageous showboating in his time too). The main thing is, whenever he comes on, everyone else suddenly seems encouraged (shamed?) into adding another 10% themselves, he's an adrenaline-fuelled lunatic and it rubs off on others. Like most of us, I wish he could stay fit, and I wish he could release the ball earlier, but for me there are too many fond memories of him for him not to be considered a cult hero (albeit perhaps not 'legend' imho).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom