Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Perhaps 'cult hero' for me rather than legend.

I absolutely love the effort the brings, the shithousery, sometimes even the quality. (He's done some outrageous showboating in his time too). The main thing is, whenever he comes on, everyone else suddenly seems encouraged (shamed?) into adding another 10% themselves, he's an adrenaline-fuelled lunatic and it rubs off on others. Like most of us, I wish he could stay fit, and I wish he could release the ball earlier, but for me there are too many fond memories of him for him not to be considered a cult hero (albeit perhaps not 'legend' imho).
I wouldn't say cult hero either...I'm not sure what it is about him as over 7 years he's been pretty much non existent...yet I love him but can't decide what he is....maybe he's admired with a healthy dose of what if?

I wouldn't say cult hero either...I'm not sure what it is about him as over 7 years he's been pretty much non existent...yet I love him but can't decide what he is....maybe he's admired with a healthy dose of what if?

He's had a few classic moments. The Rabona and stamping on Fabregas being the main two.

It's his attitude more than anything.

He's had a few classic moments. The Rabona and stamping on Fabregas being the main two.

It's his attitude more than anything.
Oh totally proud of his ass for that shit but club legend or cult hero I'm not so sure....? If he'd only had some consistent I jury free runs then he'll yes but it's too few and far between

If you ain't Lamela, you ain't Spurs.

images

Played in the second half of Southampton where we scored 4 goals and played in the first half of the United game where we scored 4 goals.

Welcome back Erik.

Love him or hate him he always gets a grip of a game when he is brought on. Sometimes his touches or decision making may let him down, but he always makes things happen and wants to dictate the game. Was a real positive impact tonight. Well played Coco.

Can't describe how he does it, but he added aggressiveness into our play. It's not just when he's close to opposition, but even when defending in low block.

He's not faster than Dele. Not as strong as NDombele, nor as pressing resistant. But adding a different dimension to that role.

We would miss the ability to drive through in Ndombele, or the ability to give support movement, run in opposition box from Dele; but Lamela can change some games likely this and help us being more comfortable.

Back
Top Bottom