Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Could be as simple as him being angry at the ref for not coming to check on him sooner.
Absolutely. But this is one of the few things I can forgive in a ref. There's so much wolf-crying these days that I wish they'd ignore all prone players, except the ones who have a limb somewhere else on the pitch, or the ones who aren't breathing.

Could be as simple as him being angry at the ref for not coming to check on him sooner.
The way I saw it was,
He got clumped
Game went on
Var stopped the game
He got treatment
During which Da Silva got sent off
Then PEH got angry with someone, a bit of pushing and shoving
He comes off the pitch and is still angry
Tries to get back on the pitch but Jose stops him.

So I was really wondering if another Brentford player said something.

The way I saw it was,
He got clumped
Game went on
Var stopped the game
He got treatment
During which Da Silva got sent off
Then PEH got angry with someone, a bit of pushing and shoving
He comes off the pitch and is still angry
Tries to get back on the pitch but Jose stops him.

So I was really wondering if another Brentford player said something.
Quite possible. They only cut to him when the initial argy-bargy had subsided, didn't they?

Absolutely. But this is one of the few things I can forgive in a ref. There's so much wolf-crying these days that I wish they'd ignore all prone players, except the ones who have a limb somewhere else on the pitch, or the ones who aren't breathing.
It's one of the easiest things in the game to fix, time-wasting. Just let the medics onto the pitch when a player goes down, don't stop the game let it play on. Those that are genuinely injured get immediate attention and because the game plays on there is no time to be wasted by going down faking an injury.

One or two of our players would have been on life support after that tackle. PEH wanted to play on and was laughing with their manager at the end.
The injury looked like a scratch to me. Comms and media saying it's a "gash" on his leg and will need stitches when I think they are describing the blood running down his leg from a very small cut, doesn't look like much at all. Sure that would have hurt like hell though, not the cut but the knock on the shin, but fairly run of the mill mistimed tackle IMO. 100% red card and he's lucky that his leg wasn't fully planted with his weight on it but it's a standard miss-timed tackle made by a committed player trying his best to win the ball.

It's one of the easiest things in the game to fix, time-wasting. Just let the medics onto the pitch when a player goes down, don't stop the game let it play on. Those that are genuinely injured get immediate attention and because the game plays on there is no time to be wasted by going down faking an injury.

Works with rubgy.

Replied to Dasilva on twitter.

So classy.

Not intentional but always a risky move, Pogba does it all the time and gets away with it. Hope the Hojbjerg incident make the referees to take more severe action against this kind of play (but we know it won't happen for Pogba).

Cue Fernandes spending half the match surrounded by medics.

That's not how I saw it. He was angry when still on the pitch, then he was upset at being subbed and then he went calm.
My bet is on Mike Dean.

PEH made the signal to Mike Dean right away. Mike Dean just looked form afar and walked away. He let the play continue forever until VAR team intervened. Imagine if there is no VAR involved like the last round, Mike Dean would have fucked us.

You have refs stop the game and let cheaters fake injuries to waste time. Now a serious challenge, ref wouldn't give a fuck about his job, staying too far from the action, and not rushing to help an injured player.

My bet is on Mike Dean.

PEH made the signal to Mike Dean right away. Mike Dean just looked form afar and walked away. He let the play continue forever until VAR team intervened. Imagine if there is no VAR involved like the last round, Mike Dean would have fucked us.

You have refs stop the game and let cheaters fake injuries to waste time. Now a serious challenge, ref wouldn't give a fuck about his job, staying too far from the action, and not rushing to help an injured player.

VAR is ruining the game!!??!?"?"?"?!!! I cant celebrate anymore !!!£££Gobbledeegooooo!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom