Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

VAR is ruining the game!!??!?"?"?"?!!! I cant celebrate anymore !!!£££Gobbledeegooooo!!!!!
It is though. Refs are getting lazier, and more irresponsible.

What kind of positioning is that for a referee in this situation? Too far and the angle was wrong to judge a tackle even if PEH were the one to make,

Mike Dean was thinking about blowing the whistle for a moment there, to stop the play, but chose to let the play continue because he can delegate the task to VAR. However, this process would delay the aid to injured players. Referees need to stop the play so the injured players can get medical team ASAP. There is no substitute for good judgement and competence from the guy with the whistle on the pitch. He is sole decider of how fast treatment would arrive. Divings should be reviewed and punished later.

My bet is on Mike Dean.

PEH made the signal to Mike Dean right away. Mike Dean just looked form afar and walked away. He let the play continue forever until VAR team intervened. Imagine if there is no VAR involved like the last round, Mike Dean would have fucked us.

You have refs stop the game and let cheaters fake injuries to waste time. Now a serious challenge, ref wouldn't give a fuck about his job, staying too far from the action, and not rushing to help an injured player.

Mike Dean is a first class referee tosspot.

It was a shit tackle, no doubt, but let's be honest - PEH got his shin scraped. The pad did its job and stopped major damage and he got a bit of superficial damage. I'm over 60 and I still have stud mark scars on my shins from football matches I played in my 20s.
Let's not make out that the guy nearly lost a leg. Bert Trautmann played on with a broken neck FFS - some of these guys really do make a fuss about next to nothing.

If that tackle could have broken his leg, it would have broken his leg. It scratched his leg and people are posting like he was attacked by a man with a chainsaw.
It was reckless and the perpetrator got his just deserts- move on.

My bet is on Mike Dean.

PEH made the signal to Mike Dean right away. Mike Dean just looked form afar and walked away. He let the play continue forever until VAR team intervened. Imagine if there is no VAR involved like the last round, Mike Dean would have fucked us.

You have refs stop the game and let cheaters fake injuries to waste time. Now a serious challenge, ref wouldn't give a fuck about his job, staying too far from the action, and not rushing to help an injured player.

To be fair to Mike Dean, I also thought it wasn't much of a foul at normal speed but slowed down its totally reckless but unintentional , so VAR wins the day during that particular game.

If that tackle could have broken his leg, it would have broken his leg.
Nonsense. A few degrees either way on the angle, or a few centimetres difference in where he connects etc, can all have a huge impact on the result. Sometimes you see player do something incredibly dangerous, and get lucky with no one being hurt, another time someone will do something relatively innocuous and someone will get badly hurt. Sorry but that statement you've made there is really naive / stupid.

"It was reckless and the perpetrator got his just deserts- move on" - this I do absolutely agree with. The lad doesn't seem like a thug at all, but what he did was dangerous and he needs to learn not to do it (which I believe he has said he intends to - learn from it I mean).

It seemed studs head onto the shin, ergo shin pad.

3cm left or right and he might have split his shin clean in half.

To call that a soft challenge is to admit you're a stupider moron than the Trump supports who stormed the Capitol yesterday. Shame on you.

Back
Top Bottom