The Final Dash - Stoke City vs. Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jump out of his arse and your own and realise what I am saying.

I am not disputing the fact that he has done pretty well for Spurs this season.

But he is NOT a "creative" player.

Saying that is one thing, but putting those two massive..perhaps season determining contributions as a "hit and hope" and blind luck on a weak foot is not a proper way to support a club.

How anyone can argue that their was an ounce of creativity in either goal today is beyond me.

I accept the first one was clever and innovative but it wasn't the mark of a creative player.

Did you not see the towel under Shotton's (I think) shirt? They still do the long throw crap. They love it so much that they resort to sowing in a towel into their match shirt!!

Oh really??

I thought they stopped that shit when Delap stopped playing for them. Shows how much notice i take of Stoke. Not worth my time.

I didn't say he did anything wrong. He had a great game today but he is not a "creative" player. Doesn't mean he isn't a good player but he isn't "creative". I didn't say either goal was crap, you are putting words in my mouth. I have nothing against Dempsey and I actually quite like what he contributes, that is not what I am arguing at all.

Fair enough, you didnt say that. However, Dempsey is a popular target here and scoring/assisting on a goal against the rugby team who claims to be a football team is worthy of consideration as "creative"...

Saying that is one thing, but putting those two massive..perhaps season determining contributions as a "hit and hope" and blind luck on a weak foot is not a proper way to support a club.

Hit and hope might have been a bit rash but that goal wasn't a conventional finish he just put his foot behind it and hoped it would hit the target.

I never said that the second was a blind bit of luck on Dempsey's part. The luck was the deflection it took to fall to him in the first place, he did well to pick Ade out and stay calm but that doesn't make him creative.

Who are you to determine how I, or anyone else, should support a club?

How should I support a club?

Charlie Adam. Aaron Lennon.

One of these men is a Cunt

i5CwmQSixAkDH.gif

Hit and hope might have been a bit rash but that goal wasn't a conventional finish he just put his foot behind it and hoped it would hit the target.

I never said that the second was a blind bit of luck on Dempsey's part. The luck was the deflection it took to fall to him in the first place, he did well to pick Ade out and stay calm but that doesn't make him creative.

Who are you to determine how I, or anyone else, should support a club?

How should I support a club?

By going balls to the wall that for the time being we are ahead of the fucking goons, and they have to play determined relegation battle teams next...and considering how shit of a team they are they will hopefully drop some points.

Fair enough, you didnt say that. However, Dempsey is a popular target here and scoring/assisting on a goal against the rugby team who claims to be a football team is worthy of consideration as "creative"...

I think the issue here is of our differing definitions of a "creative" player.

For me creative is someone like Modric, Moutinho, Eriksen, who dictates play in the middle of midfield and picks out killer passes, not necessarily racking up assists but providing the necessary link up play to get the ball in the right area for other players to provide assists or at times picking the decisive pass themself. As far as I remember Modric never actually racked up a huge number of assists but nobody would dispute the creative nature of his play. Stats don't always tell the truth.

There are also certain strikers that I would class as strikers and these are usually the kind of striker who likes to come deep and pick the ball up off the midfield or come wide to provide an option and then looking to create. Ade is a good example when he is playing well.

There are also players that I would deem creative purely based on their footballing ability, see Messi, Ronaldo, Bale etc.

Who gives a shit about who's contributed what today. We got 3 points in a match we had to win and all you guys can do is have a debate about "creativity" just like that 17 pages of shit thread, floating around about "urgency". Get a grip lads, have a drink and lets enjoy the 2 points lead we have on the scum. I too may dislike certain players in our squad but as long as we beat sunderland i dont give a shit who bangs the winner in or how they do it, COYS !!!

P.s at least we can all agree stoke = anti football coonts :dwi:

that goal wasn't a conventional finish
So because Dempsey's goals are *not* conventional, he's not "creative"?

I get what you're saying, I think, but I don't see the point. We need goals and points. Not everyone can be Bale or Messi. And look at what came of Bale's creativity: many shots hitting the Stoke wall.

Stoke had a plan for the 11 of hearts, and they executed reasonably--I don't think he had a great match. Dempsey, otoh, did what he does well: draws fouls, trolls the opposition, and puts himself in lucky positions.

By going balls to the wall that for the time being we are ahead of the fucking goons, and they have to play determined relegation battle teams next...and considering how shit of a team they are they will hopefully drop some points.

Which is exactly what I do. I love Spurs as much if not more (only my opinion) as the next man but that doesn't mean that I can't or won't dispute something Tottenham related. I am behind Clint 100% but I am simply saying that he is not the "creative" player some people claim he is.

We almost signed him :levyeyes:

Indeed we did, based on being a standout player of a newly promoted team. Im glad we didnt in the end, not just because of the way he has turned out now but also one good season is not enough IMO.

There is always one stand out player when newly promoted sides come up. and when they get sold to a "big club" can sometimes find themselves out of their depth.

Who gives a shit about who's contributed what today. We got 3 points in a match we had to win and all you guys can do is have a debate about "creativity" just like that 17 pages of shit thread, floating around about "urgency". Get a grip lads, have a drink and lets enjoy the 2 points lead we have on the scum. I too may dislike certain players in our squad but as long as we beat sunderland i dont give a shit who bangs the winner in or how they do it, COYS !!!

P.s at least we can all agree stoke = anti football coonts :dwi:

The whole point of a Spurs forum (aside from talking to like minded people) is to debate, discuss and at times disagree on certain aspects of Tottenham's play, players, transfer policy etc.

How boring would talking about football be if we all agreed. It is all about opinions.

I enjoy Tottenham's success as much as anyone else that doesn't mean I won't come and voice my opinion on here.

Back
Top Bottom