Tottenham Vs Fulham - Scott Parker returns

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes. We can.

Our winning at home against a side like Fulham should not be dependent upon one chance being taken.

That sort of passive lethargic bullshit is fine if we’re three up. Not for an entire 45 minutes.
Agreed. We didn't lose this game because of Son and Kane. We lost it because Jose set out a defensive team that would have VERY limited chances to score because they prefer to tap the ball around a bit rather than attack. The mindset is wrong. It's bloody Fulham FFS.

Spurs 1-0 Newcastle
Spurs 1-0 Palace
Spurs 1-0 Wolves
Spurs 1-0 Fulham

Has Jose changed a thing in any of those fixtures after an early goal? How can you back a manager that refuses to recognize his mistakes and course correct accordingly ?

The players are either shit or stupid, or the manager is telling them to play like this.
Where was the attacking subs?
Do you really think it's anything other then the manager telling them to play like this. People will keep saying kane and son were poor and son should finish but we just sat back and wanted to counter. Why the fuck are we playing like that against fucking Fulham. Sissoko out wide. Winks in the middle. What is he thinking. This is Fulham ffs

Son had 3 clear cut chances, Kane 2 clear cut chances, PEH 1 clear cut chance.

Reguilon chance in the box, Sissoko in the box.

This is what happens when the ball doesn't go in the net.
Having two chances and scoring one is actually an excellent return in Kane's case.

This isn't especially aimed at you but your post made me think about expectations. Fans in general have a wonky perception of what a sitter really is, but Spurs fans in particular have been spoilt by years of watching Kane and Son finish with almost unprecedented efficiency (compared to the rest of the league, and most of Europe as well).

What people describe as a sitter usually has an xG of less than 0.5. That doesn't just mean that not scoring is predicted to be more likely than scoring: it means that over the tens of thousands of goals that were analysed in the process of creating xG models, less than half of all similar chances throughout history have been scored. When you put a chance at less than 50%, it's not really a sitter anymore.

I'm no Jose worshipper...I don't care who we have managing us...but despite what everyone says in here, I genuinely don't think we play how he wants us to.

I think we are very poor in possession when we get it from teams who are pressing us and it snowballs into more pressure.

I will agree that it's Jose's job to stop it happening. Like someone said earlier, he may have to go back to earlier in the season and accept we may concede a la West Ham occasionally but most of the time we'll outscore opponents.

Nothing wrong with the first half or the first 10 minutes if the second half. As soon as Fulham started turning the tide we needed to make some substitutions, Jose is not being proactive at all, he is simply reacting to us conceeding equalisers. This was a painfully predictable result once it hit the hour mark.
Why do ALL our Managers seem to struggle with substitutions.... it's something we've levelled at least the last 4 managers!
Jose has played some shit football in his career but this might be the worst I’ve seen. I’m not sure how he can fix this. Does he not have the right players in his disposal. Does he need someone in the transfer window like Sabitzer. Whatever it is, he needs to fix this quick.
He usually fixes it by winning a Trophy, by whatever means necessary, then fucking off somewhere else....
I think we may prove a fix too far!
Again waited too long to make subs when you can see the team is not functioning anymore. And then make subs to chase the game when the opponent scores. Like seriously you don’t wait until they score. Stupid to repeat the same mistakes over and over again. But also we should have killed the game from the first half with the chances we had and def with Son golden chance in the second. That one hurt a lot.

fight is for top 4. Sad day.
See above!
How come OTHER clubs' managers always seem to see what's happening in a game, and do something about it....?
Ours always seem blissfully ignorant to the warning signs!

People is reacting to the result.

When you look across the board, the other teams around us all just grinding out result at this point. Not like they're non stop attacking, nor we're parking the bus the whole time after the goal. It's about seeing out result after scoring.

It's the lacking of individual quality that cost us. Winks just disappeared after half time. Sanchez again playing the background character for opposition goal/attack. Always one step behind.

Even guy like NDombele Kane making shocking decision with their choice of passing, and dribbling in the second half.

No.

We are not consistently looking to score. Game after game we are not.

Much more so, we are rather playing on the stats. Trying to create a few chances, take them or not. We are content with it.

SammySpurs multi confirmed
Dr House Oops GIF

Back
Top Bottom