Tottenham Vs Fulham - Scott Parker returns

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tottenham manager Jose Mourinho, speaking to BBC Sport: 'In the first half Alphonse Areola made some impossible saves, couple of others in a second, too.

"We have to kill a game and we didn't - but you have to keep a clean sheet, not make mistakes, so it was a very avoidable goal. The markers are there, there wasn't even an advantage in terms of numbers.

"They were intelligent enough to understand the way they play, they change, they become more defensive and they are getting results. I thought they were a bit lucky but they were good.

"We have bad results and we should - and we could have - avoided these results."

Agreed. So let's just keep repeating the same mistakes then?

Other times we’ve dropped points from a winning position this season you could blame certain players or referees etc. This one is entirely on Jose, terrible team selection and reactionary substitutions. You could see that equaliser coming from a mile away but he waits until the second we concede to make the change.
They've all been on Jose as there is no way the team play like this after scoring otherwise. Can pick our players too but it's the style of play that is the problem. Go and fucking take risks to win the game in the first half and early in the second but we wait and do nothing to change it when it's gone from us

Also, the fact that Mou is emphatically pro-Winks but shunning Dele and Bale is ridiculous. FFS. We’re wooden.
Jose was barely selecting Winks in Europa matches to the point that he was rumored to be leaving and then he starts a couple matches and suddenly Jose loves Winks?

Fact is we lack CMs and Winks can play there whereas we have tons of AMs.

It's simply down to our squad makeup.

That result falls firmly on Jose's lap, the line up the positioning of Sissoko, the tempo of the game.. all wrong.
The teams that are at the bottom are there for a reason, so attack them!! We have 2 of the best players on the planet feeding off scraps and running back to defend .
Jose, get your head out your arse
Son had 3 clear cut chances hardly scraps.

I haven't paid much attention to this forum in the past month or so because of a family emergency and having to take on a care giver role.

I don't wish the pain I have gone through upon anyone, but the silver lining?

My Spurs stress level has gone down 100%.

Didn't get to watch the game because of my new responsibility and again, silver linings.

I'd have more sympathy for Mourinho if we had created a good amount of chances both halves and Fulham nicked one. It happens.

But that's not what happened at all, we had no really good chances the second half outside of the Son miss off the post which we didn't create, it was a gift from Fulham giving it away cheaply.

We had a ton of really good attacking play in the first half even with a more defensive starting XI. This is why I can't understand people saying it's the players. How can the same group play so well in the first and then so obviously change the approach and play so poorly in the second?

Different lineups with different players against different opponents and getting the same result, there only seems to be one overriding factor connecting all of it.

He just might win us a trophy which this club fails horribly at.
IF we are going to win titles, we are doing it the Spurs way! Not by playing this anti-football shit!

We have so many good offensive players that it´s beyond me why we don´t play to our strenghts, it´s fuckin criminal

And fuck Levy for hiring this anti-football cunt

The whole Dele not getting a game is also starting to really fuck me off , I mean just seems like it has become a stubborn, pride thing with Jose now. The club is bigger than you Jose, stop letting your ego get in the way of managing this squad!

Having two chances and scoring one is actually an excellent return in Kane's case.

This isn't especially aimed at you but your post made me think about expectations. Fans in general have a wonky perception of what a sitter really is, but Spurs fans in particular have been spoilt by years of watching Kane and Son finish with almost unprecedented efficiency (compared to the rest of the league, and most of Europe as well).

What people describe as a sitter usually has an xG of less than 0.5. That doesn't just mean that not scoring is predicted to be more likely than scoring: it means that over the tens of thousands of goals that were analysed in the process of creating xG models, less than half of all similar chances throughout history have been scored. When you put a chance at less than 50%, it's not really a sitter anymore.
Yes, I actually think Kane's one was a bit tricky.

Tottenham manager Jose Mourinho, speaking to BBC Sport: 'In the first half Alphonse Areola made some impossible saves, couple of others in a second, too.

"We have to kill a game and we didn't - but you have to keep a clean sheet, not make mistakes, so it was a very avoidable goal. The markers are there, there wasn't even an advantage in terms of numbers.

"They were intelligent enough to understand the way they play, they change, they become more defensive and they are getting results. I thought they were a bit lucky but they were good.

"We have bad results and we should - and we could have - avoided these results."

Agreed. So let's just keep repeating the same mistakes then?
But he needs to change it. Sissoko is a defensive player. Use your creative attacking players. Why persist with a ponderous slow low block kind of player. Not blaming sissoko but it's Jose. Add some pace and energy when we look ragged and can see the game slipping

Called the result at the hour mark, draw was inevitable. If Fulham had of had a bit more belief and brought lookman on earlier they may have got the 3 points.

The maddening thing is Fulham looked all over the place at the back on the first half. Can I have my 99p back for my Amazon subscription please Daniel? :levystare:
As soon as Son hit the post it was nailed on, I almost switched the tele off as the 2 people I was watching it with both Spurs fans all turned to each other simultaneously and said "nailed on 1-1 draw now"

I don't know ifs the way the Universe maintains its harmony or something but every single time I call it early and every single time regret not dropping a grand on it.

Back
Top Bottom