Tottenham Vs Fulham - Scott Parker returns

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Been on here practically every day as per usual.

It was a draw at home, against a bottom of the table side who wasn't even expecting to play a game 3 days ago, who probably deserved more out of the game than we did on account of them playing the much, much, much better football on the night. They also had clear cut chances!!!! But guess what neither side took them.

This style of awful football Jose has us play week in, week out leaves us with nothing if it doesn't result in a win. We drew and because it was yet another awful watch as 90% of our games are, a draw is like a loss.

I've defended many a Tottenham performance where we've lost because we played the better football, I'll almost always defend my team if we play the better football and drop points.

Defending Jose having just watched that shit is the very definition of clueless!
You a are first class prick.
How many chances does any team need to win a game.
Tonight we had 5 guilt edge chances to score tonight.
I bet you were willing Fulham to score then you could come on here with your anti Jose bullshit.
The loss of 2 points tonight was down to the players

Bullshit. I said a few weeks back when we had just been knocked off top spot that our league position was false based on our performances and I was shot down in flames. You can’t play the way we do over a full season and expect success because it allows the opposition to remain in the game and the longer it is 1-0 the more confidence our opponents get.
You said we could have won the league. I doubt you said this at the beginning of the season, so I'm guessing you thought it when we were top.

People said United/City/Chelsea were finished. That we'd beat Liverpool at Anfield. That Everton/Leicester/Villa would drop down the league like lead ballons. That Dial Square were in a relegation battle. And so on and so on and so on. 98% of what people predict turns out to be bollocks.

Here's one from me - there will be all sorts of twists and turns before this season is over. Best not to wet ourselves too soon

Son had a nightmare today, missed 2x high probable goals, offside for the cross at the end which resulted in an offside goal.
We should have had 4 goals tonight.

Refuse to blame the manager when we did more that enough to win the game
Second half we did not do enough to win the game. One decent chance is not enough. We never looked like scoring at all second half. All down to how we setup not really acting as a way for us to create chances

Kane. Because great players will always come through but he'd be knocking a lot more in if after we go ahead we push for more. It's always going to be him involved in scoring or assisting. In the end it's all about our results as we've dropped a lot of points now from games like this
So it's Jose's fault when Kane has a quiet game and Kane's the sole reason when he scores/assists loads?

Got ya

They did, but that has nothing to do with us "inviting Fulham onto us"

I looked back we had 58% possession at halftime and ended with 53% so possession was probably about equal in the 2nd half.

My point is it's easy to just blame the manager but in reality we had the ball a lot and didn't do anythign with it.
It tends to happen when you put 3 defensive midfielders on the pitch

You a are first class prick.
How many chances does any team need to win a game.
Tonight we had 5 guilt edge chances to score tonight.
I bet you were willing Fulham to score then you could come on here with your anti Jose bullshit.
The loss of 2 points tonight was down to the players
guilt edged? Sometimes goalkeepers can make good saves. Second half we did fuck all to try and win and Jose yet again parks the bus. Had we played the second half like we did the first after scoring then we'd have won easily

All these posters crying for Dele today are probably the same ones who were ripping into him when he was playing regularly.

If he came on and did nothing then they'd rip into him again.

Awful result but let's face it...half the people in here would be whinging if we had hung on to win.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...some people post as if it's the opposition's duty to let us win and if we don't win by 4+ every match then there's a list they work through to throw to the wolves.

I've no idea what my point is with this tho. Just typing for the sake of typing!
Shit as Dele has been for the last 12 months or so he still chips in with around 10 goals and a handful of assists every single season, outside of Kane and Son who is scoring goals in this team?

we are carried by two players.

We need a goal you bring on somebody who actually knows how to find the fucking net, its not rocket science.

I could manage PSG to a domestic cup win
Well, exactly, that's the point. It's got to be tempting to go and win something with ease when you've been running through walls with no reward for many years.

I know Mr. Levy is all about the star quality of manager Jose.. but really if you are a neutral and you see a Spurs game is on the box are you really going to watch it knowing the dross that’s being served up?
I’ll tell you this... if I hadn’t started watching the PL in the Poch heyday, and started watching now, no way I’d be a Spurs supporter. It’s just not entertaining. Now that I’m a fan I don’t care if it’s entertaining, I just want to win.

It’s so hard to try and get the energy to watch the next game this season. Like I don’t know if I could be fucked to watch Sheffield this weekend and I always find a way to watch. This is just mentally exhausting. This isn’t Tottenham
We sowed the seeds in 2018. We had our chance to kick on and back our most promising manager in a generation.

Of course, we bottled it. And what we're watching now is the predicted fall out

Fulham played the better football because of that they deserve the plaudits. It's as simple as that. I do not like watching us play, it's awful.
Are you one of those "Leeds are so great even when they get pumped 3-0" people?

We greatly out chanced Fulham according to the metric you constantly cite when we win and have less xG.

Then when we draw and greatly out chance someone it's all about aesthetics eh?

Back
Top Bottom