Tottenham Vs Fulham - Scott Parker returns

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We needed to make 2-3 positive substitutions around the 60th minute to change the way the game was going, Fulham were starting to come at us in waves.
No one can defend the manager tonight
We had Moura, Vicinius, Dele, Lamela and Bale all sitting there twiddling their thumbs whilst the same old crap played out again as it has done already on 4 or 5 occasions.

2.5 of that was in the first half, so that's a terrible excuse for Mourinho. Why not keep doing what worked well in the first half? It's only 1-0 at that point.

Fulham had a higher xG in the second half than we did.
We didn't sit back in the second half any more than we did in the first half. We just played worse.

I’ll tell you this... if I hadn’t started watching the PL in the Poch heyday, and started watching now, no way I’d be a Spurs supporter. It’s just not entertaining. Now that I’m a fan I don’t care if it’s entertaining, I just want to win.
With all due respect, you might have done some due dilligence as to what you were signing up to.

Safer bets were most clearly available

Down to the current manager not to pick them. He does so who's fault is that. Aurier wasn't that bad but doesn't cope well in games where he is constantly under pressure. We should be keeping the ball at the other end...
Aurier was fucking shocking every attack Fulham had was down his side.
Him and Sissoko should not be anywhere near our first 11.
Do you think our best 11 which should not include them 2 plus Winks and Sanchez will be able to play the remaining 30 or so games without rest?

If they break those records playing in a team that everyone who watches football would call defensive-leaning, it will be a testament to how fantastic they are.
I don't disagree that they are fantastic but you can't say they get no service cos of Jose's shit system when they're having such good seasons.

And this is the issue...Son should have had at least a goal tonight, Kane could have had another.

The system is giving them chances but unfortunately it seems we struggle if they don't take them.

I agree with Distaste for scouse Distaste for scouse point that we need others chipping in with goals to counter this but you cannot say Kane's game is suffering cos of Jose.

Under Jose, Kane is on to have one of his best seasons

We didn't sit back in the second half any more than we did in the first half. We just played worse.
We did play worse yes but we definitely invited more pressure and hit a lot of long balls. The fact that Fulham had 60%+ possession for 15-20 minutes says it all. They made subs to go after us when this us that should be doing that to get a second goal. We don't change the players or the flow of the game. The phrase it's happened again comes to mind

Aurier was fucking shocking every attack Fulham had was down his side.
Him and Sissoko should not be anywhere near our first 11.
Do you think our best 11 which should not include them 2 plus Winks and Sanchez will be able to play the remaining 30 or so games without rest?
Course they shouldn't be near our first 11 but we have no other right back and the game was not lost because of them. Sissoko I'd have on the bench to see out a 2-3 lead. Not to win a game against the likes of Fulham no. Where was positive subs from Jose like we saw from Scotty

If he wins a Cup and we sack him, he'll want his full contract paid and be very unhappy as his family are rooted in London amidst these crazy times...

He needs to work out how to change our shape to be solid yet still threatening when leading, quick.

NDombele needs to stay on, gassed or not.
Like I said. Happy for him to stay if he changes his methods.

But I can't see it. He's had enough opportunity to demonstrate changes.

my only hope is that as soon as Covid restrictions disappear and fans are allowed back in, they make their feelings known. This isnt the club to be playing such boring fucking football at

Cup win or not
Jose is showing no respect to spurs fans or traditions. He know he can away with it as there no fans. He probably doesn’t read these forums. Some other points:
Expecting to score from every chance is impossible. Players as good as Son and Kane will miss their fair amount.
Those two had the fewest touches of any players other than the goalies. Disgrace.
All that attacking talent on the bench and wasted. Didn’t even use 3 subs surely dele or bale were worth a go.
What was the point of bringing on vinny there was no one to pass to him.
Kane end up playing in midfield once ndombele went off.
Subs too late and there seem to be no change in tactics in 2nd half when they were on top even before they scored. He never barks out instructions on the touch line in the 2nd half. Just sits there with a empty look like his empty tactics.
We can’t pass the ball for love or money.
Exactly what do they work on in training.
We must play the worst football in the PL.
Fulham looked more like a team, better coached and knew what they were doing. They could keep the ball and build up play deep into our half. We could string 5 passes together.
A more attacking manager in this season we could be right in the mix. Could go on but it’s late.

We should have been 3 or 4 up at half time do you not agree?

No. At least two. Nothing wrong in the way we tried to take our chances first half but keeper did brilliantly. Hojbjerg maybe could have done better with his chance. Kane's header was tough as it was behind him. But playing like this second half we'd have won easily. But we didn't. Resorted to our usual

Back
Top Bottom