Tottenham Vs Fulham - Scott Parker returns

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So it's Jose's fault when Kane has a quiet game and Kane's the sole reason when he scores/assists loads?

Got ya

It's Jose's fault we park the bus and create nothing for the likes of son and kane. They cannot just drag the team through every time. If we are more Creative and attacking. They get more chances to do what they do best. Otherwise they are totally isolated and our slow bus parking play and long balls just makes it easy to defend against

We specialized in throwing away similar points before Mourinho showed up. We've been shockingly fucking wasteful and unable to capitalize on opportunities for almost a decade now. People berating Jose for our habitual bottle jobs have a short memory. Yeah, Mourinho's brand is fucking dull and he deserves his share of the blame....but the rot goes to the core of this squad, serial fuck
That's fair, it goes well beyond Jose w/ the club. But with that said, Jose doing the same thing over and over and over and expecting a different result is the very definition of insanity.

It's Jose's fault we park the bus and create nothing for the likes of son and kane. They cannot just drag the team through every time. If we are more Creative and attacking. They get more chances to do what they do best. Otherwise they are totally isolated and our slow bus parking play and long balls just makes it easy to defend against
You genuinely didn't watch the match if you thought we parked the bus today

We have very little attacking quality on our bench tonight.
Dele poor for 2 years sell.
Moura poor sell.
Vinicius should have been on sooner.
Bergwijn injured.
Bale finished at this level.
Who else do we have
Just bring in Messi, Ronaldo and Lewandowski. Maybe then we’ll stop excusing that he didn’t have good players.

Shit as Dele has been for the last 12 months or so he still chips in with around 10 goals and a handful of assists every single season, outside of Kane and Son who is scoring goals in this team?

we are carried by two players.

We need a goal you bring on somebody who actually knows how to find the fucking net, its not rocket science.
But he hasn't been doing that for ages. It's why everyone on here used to whinge and moan about him 'slowing the play' and 'holding it too long' and his 'stupid flicks' after every game.

I don't disagree that we need creativity but Dele hasn't been providing that for ages.

Are you one of those "Leeds are so great even when they get pumped 3-0" people?

We greatly out chanced Fulham according to the metric you constantly cite when we win and have less xG.

Then when we draw and greatly out chance someone it's all about aesthetics eh?
Yes!

It's ALLWAYS about aesthetics, it's why I pay thousands of pounds a year to watch the professional game.

I hope he comes back here and buys back some of the shit he signed for us.
Aurier Sanchez Moura and Sissoko we do for starters.
Down to the current manager not to pick them. He does so who's fault is that. Aurier wasn't that bad but doesn't cope well in games where he is constantly under pressure. We should be keeping the ball at the other end...

This is much worse than AVB, mate. Under AVB we routinely dominated possession and actually attempted to go and score goals. His vision and ideals were good, he just wasn’t a good enough coach to put it into practice.
What we’re seeing now under Mourinho is just pure, outdated putrid muck.
You say potato, I say potato. Avb was pure hell and Jose is the purest form of misery.

We create nothing for them yet they will prob break records this season for goals/assists?

I'm done now. That game has ended any expectations I had from this season.

Everyone will be happy if we win the cup and then part ways in the summer. Jose gets to keep his trophy run going. We end that trophy drought and move onto a manager that might make better use of the squad.

If he wins a Cup and we sack him, he'll want his full contract paid and be very unhappy as his family are rooted in London amidst these crazy times...

He needs to work out how to change our shape to be solid yet still threatening when leading, quick.

NDombele needs to stay on, gassed or not.

Again we manage to make them look like z decent team, just like against Newcastle, Palace and west spam to name a few..Fulham have been battered by almost every team they have played except us.
We are a joke to keep giving these teams a chance to easily get points from us.......fuck off mourinho

You said we could have won the league. I doubt you said this at the beginning of the season, so I'm guessing you thought it when we were top.

People said United/City/Chelsea were finished. That we'd beat Liverpool at Anfield. That Everton/Leicester/Villa would drop down the league like lead ballons. That Dial Square were in a relegation battle. And so on and so on and so on. 98% of what people predict turns out to be bollocks.

Here's one from me - there will be all sorts of twists and turns before this season is over. Best not to wet ourselves too soon
Nobody is wetting themselves. If he was less negative then I genuinely believe we could have won this league. The game plan is always the same whether we play the big teams or relegation fodder and opposing teams have wisened up to it now. Time to change tactics now before we end up mid table

Again we manage to make them look like z decent team, just like against Newcastle, Palace and west spam to name a few..Fulham have been battered by almost every team they have played except us.
We are a joke to keep giving these teams a chance to easily get points from us.......fuck off mourinho
They've been in decent form honestly.

Beaten Leicester, drawn with Liverpool and Saints

I'm done now. That game has ended any expectations I had from this season.

We may get lucky in the final and win a cup. I hope we somehow scrap our way to top 4. I am not sure there is much else to say really. We all see and predict what is going to happen. Better to not get stressed by it.

I think Jose gets to the end of the season and if we get the league Cup then great. But I think we need to consider a new manager regardless of what happens in the final. I would happily allow Jose to work to the end of his contract if he demonstrated that we would kill off games by scoring more goals. But since I do not see that happening it is time to part ways.

Everyone will be happy if we win the cup and then part ways in the summer. Jose gets to keep his trophy run going. We end that trophy drought and move onto a manager that might make better use of the squad.

The squad needs a revamp but no point doing that if Jose leaves. Just wait for the new manager.

I can easily say that players like Aurier, Sanchez need to be moved on. We have been saying this for ages now. Sissoko probably too. Bale and Vini will be sent back.

Flogging Dele etc is pointless because another manager will probably be able to get a tune out of them.

Basically the League Cup final is all or nothing quite literally. Maybe they should make an amazon doc for that.
Win the Europa League he stays regardless of our PL position.

We create nothing for them yet they will prob break records this season for goals/assists?
If they break those records in a team that everyone who watches football would call defensive-leaning, it will be a testament to how fantastic they are. Their achievements wouldn't suddenly and retroactively make Jose's tactics more offensive. In fact, I'd suggest that if they break records while winning nothing with the team, that's a genuine indictment of the manager.

Back
Top Bottom