Sheffield United vs Tottenham Hotspur | Sunday 17th Jan, KO: 14:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

• Sheffield United won and drew against Tottenham last season and have lost just two of the past 11 top-flight meetings.
  • That's the bad news and now for the good
  • Sheffield United have seven players missing for the visit of Tottenham Hotspur, although manager Chris Wilder has not specified who.
Surely with only 1 win in 6 PL matches we will pull off a win.

This is the first match day in a while where I’m really not sure what Mou is going to do. Knowing him, he will be wary of Sheffield after they won their first game and the memory of the pathetic 3-1 from last season will be in his mind. On the other hand our recent results with his more pragmatic selections have been dreadful, with the amount of attacking players available he will surely be tempted to change things.

I think Bergwijn will start in place of Winks but I don’t think he’s brave enough to change anything else. Maybe Lamela could start in place of Sissoko but that would mean putting Ndombele and Hojbjerg in the centre which he never does.

Can't wait for this, I imagine it will go along the lines of:

Score goal
Concede possession
Concede territory
Concede set pieces
Concede goal
1-1
"Individual mistakes cost us"

Yep, and then we will be told by a few that it was a good result, because Sheffield Utd are a good side because they beat Newcastle, who we only drew with, so we should not be expected to win, and Mourinho put on a masterclass and despite Sheff Utd having 80% possession, 25 shots to our 2, we should have won, because our players should never concede ever, and every low expectation attempt we have, we should score

Our last 6 league games

DLLDWD

An unthinkable defeat on Sunday against the worst team in Premier League history would equal our worst run of form since Ramos got sacked.

Surely Jose would be clearing his desk on Monday?

Last edited:
Our last 5 league games

DLLDWD

An unthinkable defeat on Sunday against the worst team in Premier League history would equal our worst run of form since Ramos got sacked.

That's 6 games you listed, not 5, but yea, awful run of form that should get someone sacked. I doubt it would happen though unless we appeared to be in danger of losing Europa qualification. Levy could go a long way towards solving this mess by buying a competent CM this window to replace Winks or Sissoko in the starting XI.

That's 6 games you listed, not 5, but yea, awful run of form that should get someone sacked. I doubt it would happen though unless we appeared to be in danger of losing Europa qualification. Levy could go a long way towards solving this mess by buying a competent CM this window to replace Winks or Sissoko in the starting XI.

tenor.gif

Oh yeah.

Corrected now.

I was reading there that our last win at Bramall Lane was in 1975. No win in our last 7 visits there. That’s the type of assignment for the Special One to give us that winning mentality and justify his £15 million a year salary.

We can't go with Sissoko and Winks again.

If Son and Kane are yet again the only 2 capable of scoring goals then it just feels like we'll just be doing the same thing over and over again hoping for a different outcome.

We miss Dele and to a lesser extent Eriksen's goals that they both used to chip in - on average 17ish goals a season for us between them.

Lloris
Aurier Toby Dier Reg
Hojbjerg
Dele Ndombele
Bergwijn Kane Son

Then if we retreat into our shell second half with Kane dropping deep then

Lloris
Aurier Toby Dier Reg
Hojbjerg Ndombele
Bergwijn Kane Son
Vicinius
It'll be sissoko and winks again. Maybe same formation as versus Fulham so stubborn Jose can go to Sheffield, win one nil in a dull as shit game just so he can go "see? See what happens when my players do what I ask them?" And sammyspurs sammyspurs can rejoice at a tactical masterclass 😂

Can't wait for this, I imagine it will go along the lines of:

Score goal
Concede possession
Concede territory
Concede set pieces
Concede goal
1-1
"Individual mistakes cost us"
Wait: you forgot one!
Several forum members (who I shall not name) claim the defensive formation tactics and teamsheet were tactical masterclass by Jose🤣

It'll be sissoko and winks again. Maybe same formation as versus Fulham so stubborn Jose can go to Sheffield, win one nil in a dull as shit game just so he can go "see? See what happens when my players do what I ask them?" And sammyspurs sammyspurs can rejoice at a tactical masterclass 😂
Maybe Son will miss 4 sitters and you can blame the white board because someone wrote 4231 on it in green felt tip pen

Our last 6 league games

DLLDWD

Generally i think we should give him until the end of the season, but dont win Sunday and the question will start to be asked. 1 league win in 7, failing to beat Palace, Fulham and Sheff Utd in the process with wretched football and 4 home wins out of 9 games.....we've sacked managers for less.

I was reading there that our last win at Bramall Lane was in 1975. No win in our last 7 visits there. That’s the type of assignment for the Special One to give us that winning mentality and justify his £15 million a year salary.
I suppose that could be a little misleading, as how many of those seasons have we actually been in the same division to play them?

Cups aside, I can only think of a handful of times we've played there....
of course the 6-0 up there in the early '90s will be hard to forget..... urrrgh!

At the end of the day they are 20th. Mourinho simply cannot be pragmatic , its cost us dearly recent and he won't want to repeat the mistake again.

I'd personally try a midfield of Hojbjerg , Ndombele and Dele
He has to try something different and perhaps that could give us more control of games and also make us look far more creative.
He also needs to play one of Bergwijn/Lamela or Bale on the wing so we actually have threat down that side.

Sheffield United are no pushover but I'm expecting a reaction and seeing a more attacking lineup would send a positive message out before a ball has even been kicked

People want the manager sacked, and keep going back to the palace game as proof.

In all competitions since and including Palace:
P9 W4 L2 D3
Scored 17
Conceded 8
Made a final
6pts off top

What a wankstain of a fan base we now have

Back
Top Bottom