Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes it was all because of Winks that's why we got through.

But when he has bad game after bad game over and over it's, "the boy needs time!".
It's just sad how negative you are over one of our own. If you don't get it at this point, there's not much point at even trying to debate with you any further. I'll just be chuckling at your C-tec posts and power puff girl anime characters you've spent time making into a spurs badge hahaha

Take a breather mate.

You're embarrassing yourself.

Some of us want to enjoy a Spurs player, one of our own, having a good game.
It's just sad how negative you are over one of our own. If you don't get it at this point, there's not much point at even trying to debate with you any further. I'll just be chuckling at your C-tec posts and power puff girl anime characters you've spent time making into a spurs badge hahaha
There's nothing you can do to shake a simple truth which is the guy is simply not good enough for the club.

Homegrown or not, that's my opinion, most know it well.

My gripe is that by simple expressing that view it causes some to just lose it altogether, in a way they never would with a non-homegrown player (see Sissoko.).

There's nothing you can do to shake a simple truth which is the guy is simply not good enough for the club.

Homegrown or not, that's my opinion, most know it well.

My gripe is that by simple expressing that view it causes some to just lose it altogether, in a way they never would with a non-homegrown player (see Sissoko.).
Go to bed.

Man you say something nice about a guy and the whiners have to come out with wife beating comments.

Pretty sad they can’t just enjoy the win and have to resort to nonsense like that.

He was OK tonight. Had one really nice turn and run forward easy in the first half and he tried to play more forward passes. Took his goal well.

Didn’t do enough to get into the PL team but he helped us win the game tonight.

He was OK tonight. Had one really nice turn and run forward easy in the first half and he tried to play more forward passes. Took his goal well.

Which is fine for a squad player. But if he wants to be more than that, he needs to show more or needs to leave.

There are a lot of Winks out there.

It's good to have someone like Winks be able to come in against teams like this and perform. Allows us to rest our better players.

Even better that he can chip in with a goal too. Very happy for him!

OK???? DID YOU JUST CALL WINKSY AKA THE NEXT INIESTA OK????

MODS, MODS DELETE THIS MANS ACCOUNT NOW!!!!

giphy.gif

Quality tonight. Always think we look better with him instead of sissoko CM when we have more of the ball. Great finish when it mattered as well
Because we are. Winks may be having a long rough patch but he is a very comfortable player with the ball. Against teams where we are expected to have possession he serves us better than Moussa, who is better suited for the heavy defensive work when we don't have a lot of the ball.

Winks is a conundrum because he has a lot of positive qualities but he isn't putting it together consistently.

If we could get a homegrown option in in the summer I would be fine with letting Winks go on loan next season for consistent game time so he can find his mojo again.

Back
Top Bottom