Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mourinho wanted him to be more adventurous with passing and to be able to contribute goals and I think he is doing this. Very decent squad player who might be needed in the big games if injuries strike

He done alright tonight.

Would still sell if a decent offer came in.

Must be plenty of other kids coming through that can do what he does.

Would love for him to develop into a top top player but that won't happen.
There will always be players like him in a 25 man squad.

Probem is when the quality is so low tha he is starting, but nothing wrong with him as a squad player.

Kids need to be on teams where they can get substantial minutes that will aid their development and not be dropped into the deep end or left to rot on the bench.

There will always be players like him in a 25 man squad.

Probem is when the quality is so low tha he is starting, but nothing wrong with him as a squad player.

Kids need to be on teams where they can get substantial minutes that will aid their development and not be dropped into the deep end or left to rot on the bench.
I hear ya.

He is at a great age to sell. Can't really class him as a youngster or kid anymore.

Surely Skipp or White will be able to fill the void if he goes.

I hear ya.

He is at a great age to sell. Can't really class him as a youngster or kid anymore.

Surely Skipp or White will be able to fill the void if he goes.
No. best age to sell players is 27-29, which is when most players peak, and have their highest value. Even then, without a similar replacement, you dont sell.

Like I said earlier, Kids need to be getting consistent minutes. If a kid showing promise cant even make the PL bench,then he wont be getting enough minutes and should be sent on loan. Skipp seems to be almost there (will see in pre season) but not White imo (probably still needs a full season as a regular starter with a promotion contender).

Really stepped up today. I've been so disappointed with him this past couple of seasons but he's genuinely trying to bring something fresh to his game. Got to applaud him for that. Having Ndombele and Hojbjerg alongside can only help him aim higher. Keep it up for the rest of the season and I'd love him to stay in the squad.

I really don’t understand why our fanbase have such an issue with Winks.

He’s a very good footballer who’s a Spurs fan and didn’t cost us a cent.
Ah I see where you are going wrong.

I dont mind the guy at all, he seems very likeable. My only problem with him is the footballing side of things.

Back
Top Bottom